Chapter 12

Nightmares. Dreams guided by negative emotions. Sometimes they are harmless and sometimes they affect every little activity in life.

Justin jerked up from his sleep. His forehead was covered in sweat and his breathing was labored. His hands tightened around his sheets and his eyes were unfocused.What was that?!

Images replayed in his mind and he could feel himself shuddering. Voices echoed in his mind. Hazy.

His heart trembled. What did all of this mean? He was afraid. What was- nothing.Suddenly all the images and voices were blown away. Nothing but emptiness remained in his mind.

Forgotten.

What?

Then the pain followed.

He bent over. His hand moved to his head and he hissed.

It throbbed. The pain hammered against the inside of his skull. It was splitting.

Fuck.

He couldn't manage many thoughts. Instead, he just cursed inwardly. As if it were his natural reaction to the biting pain.

Only with time did it subside. Like little needles that he could feel poking him at the back of his head. Unpleasant but not unbearable.

Now that he was calming down, his room seemed so incredibly quiet. To quite for his liking. And stuffy.

He threw off the covers, his bare feet hitting the cold floor, and he stood up. His head felt light and briefly he lost his balance before he stabilized again. Slowly he walked to the window. When he arrived, he opened it. Cold night air flowed into his room.

He sucked in the air and enjoyed the cool breeze on his skin. His hand wandered back to his forehead and he rubbed his sweaty temples. He sighed.

"Maybe I really should take a break".

Getting sick leave certainly wouldn't be too much of a problem.

He found himself staring at the streets and buildings for a while. Barely any windows had light them. They were dark. The streets were empty and only from the distance traveled vague sound of the city nightlife to his ears. For a moment he wondered what time it was, but at that moment he couldn't be bothered to look at his phone.

He just wanted a moment- yeah... what was it that he actually wanted? The night air was nice but he suddenly just felt tired. Like his energy was being sucked out of him. The longer he stood there, the worse it got.

That probably wasn't very healthy. He let out a dry laugh, before walking back to bed. The window was left open.

~°~