chapter 17

Livie woke up the next morning to knocking on her door. She groaned and yelled "come in?"
Travis barged through the door and looked around. He found Conner, still asleep on the couch and sped over, grabbing his ankle. One swift tug and Conner was on the ground definitely awake. Travis flopped dramatically onto the couch.
"Why must women" he sighed, grabbing a pillow for emotional support.
Livie sat up in her bed. "Selena?" Travis nodded solemnly. Livie shook her head. "Sorry to tell you Trav, I'm not exactly rooting for ya"
Conner nodded "aren't her and Beckendorf will they won't theying?" Livie nodded.
"She's so amazing though, why would she go for him he's so..."
Livie snorted. "Go on finish that, good luck finding any insults. He's the nicest guy I've met in my life"
"That's not many people you've only lived here" Conner said absent mindedly, standing up. He froze and looked up sheepishly.
"Rude!" Livie exclaimed with mock horror. "I'll have you know I've gone on field trips, like at Christmas we went to Olympus. That was fun and I got to see proper people"
"proper people. The fact you call them that says enough"
"Oh shut up Conner"

-----------------------------------
After a month or two things with the Stoll's became the new normal. Livie found their company great and campers were now used to seeing them around the place, usually up to no good. Livie was sure to utilise the Stoll's for pulling pranks, and not just so she wouldn't get blamed. Well, only partly that. It was always fun to see them get chased down to the lake by an angry daughter of Demeter. Travis took extra pleasure in doing anything to annoy her possible. Katie wasn't a new camper per se but she was easy to annoy and even if he ended up with grass in his dinner Travis always found it worth it in the end.

As the start of summer dawned, Livie found herself sitting in a tree across from Conner. He was drawing and she was whittling a branch into something pointy. she wasn't sure what yet but it was going to be pointy.
There was a yell and a rustle of branches and Travis crashed into the clearing below them. He quickly scaled the tree and put his finger to his lips. Three minutes later, Malcolm, Annabeths second in command, and two other Athena kids broke through. They looked around and moved on. Travis put his hand over his heart. "I always get nervous with the Athena cabin you never know wh-AH" With that he disappeared backwards out of the tree.
Livie and Conner looked at each other. Conner shrugged. "he'll be fine they're not that bad."
Livie laughed. "What you drawing?"
Conner shrugged. "It's nothing it's nothing, not good anyway" he closed the sketchbook and threw it in his backpack.
"today isn't the day so?" livie asked smiling at him.
He grinned and shook his head. "maybe in another month or so. You aren't seeing anything in there yet" Livie sighed dramatically and held up the stick for inspection in the light.
She nodded happily. "All done, wanna head back to camp?" Conner nodded and they hopped out of their tree.
"So what are the plans for the next while?" Conner asked, kicking up some leaves.
Livie shrugged. "train, same as but just with warmer weather. we can swim a bit in the lake, spend some time at the beach, it gets really nice in June and July."
Conner nodded as they reached the edge of the clearing. "That sounds good, summer was always really fun growing up, Trav used to-" he was interrupted by a younger son of Ares running up to them.
"A camper! A new camper! Theyre saying he killed the minotaur!"

..heyyy, again I'm sorry for not updating for so long but I'm gonna try harder now, it being summer. There's a nice time skip in there and now we're getting into book territory which should be nice.
Saoirse