Chapter 13

Four hours later and Livie was ready to rip out her carefully pinned up hair. Selenas theme for her this time seemed to be stars and flowers. Stars, flowers and... books?

''Selena what are you doing?'' Selena looked up from gluing paper to Livie's nails.

''I'm doing your nails, duh''

Livie deadpanned. ''Of course, duh''

Selena rolled her eyes and got back to work.

''Its a work in progress, you're my first test subject.''

''Great, I love being your guinea pig.'' Livie sat up and Selena screeched.

"Don't move!''

"Fine, fine, gods" Livie sighed.

"Its just another minute ok? I just need to apply the top layer."

Livie sighed. She itched to touch her earrings, or fix her dressing gown, or do literally anything with her hands. She wasn't that good at the whole 'keeping still' thing.

"Done!" Selena leaned back and Livie threw her hands into the air.

"Freedom!" Selena rolled her eyes.

''Come on, you have to admit that it was worth it'' Livie stopped waving around her hands and took a minute to look at the wet nails.

"Not half bad, please dry them" Livie pleaded.

Selena laughed. "Fine, fine, but only if you promise to stay still''

Livie nodded and Selena grabbed the hairdryer from the bed. She grabbed one of Livies hands and turned it on.

"So, what did you give Conner to wear tonight?" Livie asked, watching as Selena frowned in concentration.

"You'll see later tonight, give me your other hand. I also stashed some clothes in there for Travis"

"Wait, Travis is coming too?" Livie spluttered. "How?"

Selena rolled her eyes. "He's my plus one. Not as a date though. Just felt sorry that one of them was going and not the other"

Livie sucked in her lips. "How did he react when you asked him?" Selena looked up from Livies nails.

"I honestly thought he was going to faint." They held eye contact before they both lost it.

"I would have paid to see that! Oh lord he isn't going to forget that any time soon!" Livie howled.

Selena smacked her arm giggling. "Oh no, Livie don't be mean, give the poor guy a break"

Livie rolled her eyes, catching her breath. "Fine, but I can't guarantee I won't use it in the future"

"There! Done. Now give me your eyes."

"Excuse me"

"Oh just come here and let me put glitter on your face like a good child."

"Hey! Anyone who can beat Clarisses ass in a fight isn't a child"

"You're nine"

"So why are you putting glitter on my face"

"Because its glitter, duh"

"Ugh Aphrodite kids"

"Oh DREW!"

"Shut up!"

There was a thud and a string of curses before the door flew open. Drew stood there in a green face mask.

"What do you want now"

"Woah, hey there Elphaba" Livie snickered.

"Ugh! Just because you're so special doesn't mean you can go around here like you rule the place! What makes you so special anyway? All you are is some unclaimed kid who's spoilt rotten" Selenas mouth dropped and she stood up, but Livie was quicker.

She slammed Drew back against the wall, one of her daggers pressed to her throat. "You know what princess, what I do is none of your concern. The only rotten one around here is you. I'm not special. I can fight and people actually like me, a foreign concept to you I'm sure. Don't speak to me, ok? Ok." She smiled sweetly and turned her back to Drew, who ran out of the door, slamming it behind her.

Selena stood shocked in the middle of the room. She turned towards Livie. " I'm so sorry for her, she was way out of line, I'll make sure she has to do stable clean up for a month."

Livie grinned. "Nah, its fine, don't bother. Next time it happens I'll challenge her to a fight. Her pride won't last five minutes against me."

Selena smiled hesitantly. "You're ok?"

Livie rolled her eyes. "Please, it'll take more then a bratty drama queen to get to me. Now, what were you saying about glitter?"

A.N

Remember in chapter 11 when I said America confused me, well that was before I tried understanding the high school timetable for a book I'm writing. America wtaf. I've never been so befuddled. Well done. You've officially broken my mind. I need help.