ch.001

CHAPTER ONE  HOME

"We know you're a daddy's boy, but holy shit, man

"We know you're a daddy's boy, but holy shit, man. He's dead, stop kissing his ass."

tw ! sexism

PRESENT

⸺THE NEON SIGN ON the front of the building was flickering so much that if you stared long enough, you'd get a headache. There was music playing loudly, but not loud enough to disrupt people. Everyone filtering in and out at different times and a familiar face making drinks behind the bar.

Cassy was flipping bottles and showing off for the people in her bar, but also making them well made drinks. She's owned this bar since she was nineteen and it fit right into her coping mechanisms. After Ben died, Cassy couldn't find anything to fill the void in her heart, but she found that alcohol numbed it. Cassy used her powers to turn an abandoned shop next to an alley way into a nice bar. There were plants practically everywhere and the bar sort of looked like a cave. It was the best she could do.

 The old woman who owned that abandoned shop didn't even car because Cassy gave her fifty percent of her earnings and a place to live. Cassy didn't care about money or being successful, she just wanted other people to be able to get rid of their pain for a few hours, just like her.

"This place is a shithole." Cassy heard a man say as he sat down at the bar with his friend. Cassy shoved off the remark, but she did keep a note to keep an eye on these two.

"Get us a whiskey and a gin buck, sweet cakes." The man ordered from Cassy. She bit the inside of the cheek to keep her from spitting in his face, but Cassy was able to stay civil. "Coming right up."

"Damn, she's got a nice ass on her." The man said as Cassy turned around to get a bottle. Cassy has a very short temper when it comes to being underestimated or objectified. She doesn't allow any kind of behavior like this in her bar, but she was going to have a little fun.

Cassy poured some whiskey into a large glass and turned around. As soon as she did, she threw the drink in the man's face and some landed on the other guy. They stood up with a huff and wiped off their faces. "What the hell, bitch?!"

"Where's your boss?! Get him out here right now!" The other man yelled.

"I am the boss, asshole! I run this place! Now get out before I make you." Cassy threatened as yellow lines began to appear on her face, almost like veins.

"Oh shit! You're one of those umbrella people, could we get a picture?" One of the men asked, but that was the absolute wrong question. Without any hesitation, Cassy's eyes began to glow yellow and the men lost control of their bodies. She manipulated their bodies so that they lifted in the air and were literally thrown outside. Everyone in the bar cheered since they either heard the men's misogynistic comments or just assumed that they were bad people.