𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑣𝑒

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽.* :☆゚. ───

The widest, most proud smile grew on Rosa's face as Miss Smithson gave Rosa her report card. Three A's in all three lessons. She was astounded, over the moon! Ecstatic. She'd done it. She'd actually done it. 
"Well done, Rosa. I'm glad to see you improving," Ginny Smithson said, getting happy at Rosa's reaction. 
"Thank you! I'm going to tell Mistress Colombo now!" She laughed and sprinted from the classroom. She had her bag falling off her shoulder and her hair in her face but she didn't care. She couldn't wait to see Chloe's proud face. She couldn't wait to have that coffee date or even just spend some quality time with her. She didn't care if they didn't go to Rodergio's. She wanted Chloe to be proud of her. 

Charging straight through Chloe's office door, Rosa threw the report card on the desk but suddenly stopped. Chloe wasn't sitting behind the desk, Emilia was. 
"Good afternoon, Rosa, what's this?" Emilia smiled, reaching for the card but Rosa snatched it back. 
"Where's Chloe?" Her voice was suddenly sullen, she wanted Chloe. She needed Chloe. 
Emilia's face fell too and she neatly folded her hands over the desk, clasping her fingers together in an authoritative way before speaking, "she was called out this morning, she may not be back until tomorrow or the day after."
"Tomorrow?" Rosa furrowed her eyebrows. Chloe said to her last night that she'd see Rosa today. She promised. 
"Maybe next week," Emilia sighed. Her sigh was one of pain though, she was worried about her sister more than she ever had been before. "It's really not confirmed about her return just yet." 
"You're saying she might not be back until next week? Where the fuck did she go?" Rosa felt the anger building inside of her, ready to explode. Hurt, upset, anger it was all there and she didn't know what to do with it. 
"Rosa, I honestly know as much as you," Emilia stated, standing up, hoping to diffuse the anger from the girl. 
"No, you don't. You both have these stupid secrets. What is going on?" 
"Chloe has secrets from me," Emilia said. 
"I don't believe that. Why wouldn't she tell you?" 
"Because she can't Rosa. You don't understand any of it. You've walked into this office, expecting all of these things from her- expecting her and she can't even tell me anything so if you think for a second that she'll tell you- you're wrong." Emilia spat. Rosa took a step back. 
"She keeps leaving," Rosa muttered. Emilia sat down, sighing heavily. 
"She does." 
Rosa sighed and sat in the seat opposite Emilia at the desk. She handed over her report card and Emilia looked at it, she couldn't help but smile. "I'm proud of you. Chloe would be too." Rosa looked down. 
"Did she tell you about my parents or the coffee thing?" 
"She doesn't tell me about the family life of students. Policies and all," Emilia chuckled. "She did mention the coffee and I'm sure she'll take you when she gets back."
"Do you not even know where she went?" 
"America." 
Rosa's eyes bulged and her mouth fell open. "I know, tell me about it," Emilia sighed and shrugged. 
"Anyway, dinner is going to start soon. You're off the surveillance ward now you got your three A's but you've got to promise to keep up the good behaviour. Just because the big boss isn't here, doesn't mean you're completely off the hook." Emilia smirked and Rosa smiled, only half curling up the corners of her mouth. 
"Bye, Emilia," Rosa said, standing up and walking to the door. "I'll see you tomorrow in class." 
"Have a nice night, Rosa." 

Walking back through the hallway, she tried to stop the hot tears falling down her face. She felt so abandoned by Chloe but she knew how irrational it was. As Emilia said, she was a student, just someone who needed some guidance, she wasn't important to Chloe. She ran her fingers over the cold stone walls and let out a large sigh. Her fingers brushed a door handle and she took a step back. Then, it dawned on her where she was. Chloe had taken her here only a few nights ago. She gave her free access to this gym- should she? Fuck it, she thought. Opening the door, she slid in and locked it behind her. She turned on the light as quick as she could and then headed down the narrow, spiral staircase. How bloody secret did this woman need to be? 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽.* :☆゚. ───

Chloe cocked the gun and held it to the man's head. He quivered and whimpered like a scared child. "I asked you a simple question, Sir." Chloe spat. She was angry. Over the top angry. She was called out to America at an ungodly hour because one of her capos was killed. She was done with their shit. She was done with her father's shit. She was done with the whole fucking mafia because all they ever wanted to do was fuck her up. 
"I told you, I don't know where it is!" The guy cried, raising his tied hands. His thick new york accent came through in his begging voice and Chloe kicked him back down, digging the heel of her boot right into his neck. 
"You know someone who knows so I want the fucking details. Then I'll let you go," she smirked. The man sobbed and began spluttering information. Chloe made a mental note of his ridiculous information and as soon as he finished, she put a bullet through his head. The noise shot through the room and she felt the shivers down her spine. It wasn't her first kill but she never ever got used to the lifeless eyes looking up at her. She told him she'd let him go. She told him she'd let him go! Fuck she didn't want to let him go like this. Dropping to her knees she clutched the gun close to her chest. She screamed and kicked and screamed. She'd never felt anger like this before. 

She left the building with her capos, all climbing into different cars on the way to the same building. She began driving to the location the man told her about. She knew she killed him too early. If he'd lied then she'd lost her contact. Suddenly, her phone began to ring. She flicked it over and saw the most beautiful picture of her little sister and she had to admit that her bad mood disappeared for a moment. She was doing this for her. She'd much rather it be herself than Emilia. She answered and put her on speaker. 
"Chloe, are you there?" Emilia's voice came through. 
"I'm here baby," she said, sighing in relief. Just her voice calmed her down. 
"Are you okay?" 
"I'm okay. I just have some stuff to clean up." Chloe couldn't tell her anything else and that hurt. 
"When will you be home?" The voice reminded Chloe of all the times her little sister would ring her, years ago when she was the young girl who only ever wanted her cool big sister around and it set bullets through her heart. 
"I'm not sure baby," Chloe admitted, looking out of the window- she'd pulled up at the apartment and needed to get this done before she was caught. 
"I miss you," Emilia mumbled down the phone. 
"I miss you too love, but I promise as soon as I get home we can have the best day together, okay?" 
"There's some good news too," Emilia said quickly down the phone. Chloe could hear the smile on her face and it made her smile. However, she heard the sniffles that broke her heart. The sound of her desperate sister stayed with her longer than the smile. 
"What's that then?" Chloe asked, looking out of the window more, trying to spot anyone, get her entrances, points of contact, and possible escape roots. She held back her own tears, forcing herself to have a clear view of her surroundings.
"Rosa got the three A's." At the sound of Rosa's name, Chloe stopped her surveying. She felt awful leaving her this morning and after she got the call, she stood for a few moments outside her room, silently debating the goodbye she wanted. Eventually, she left and went to the airport, not even writing a note for the girl. "She can't wait for coffee with you," Emilia added. 
"I can't wait either," Chloe sighed, feeling like a hand was around her heart, squeezing tight, suffocating her. 
"You'll come home, won't you? For coffee?" 
Chloe knew what Emilia was asking, she knew what she was thinking and she had been thinking the same thing all morning. The last time the family were in America, not all of them returned home to England. 
"I'll come home. For the both of you, darling." Chloe replied. She just wanted to hold her little sister and tell her it will all be okay. She wanted to love her little sister and protect her from the world. Rosa too. 
"I'll let you go. I love you." Emilia said softly. 
"I love you too baby. I'll see you soon." Chloe whispered. The silence enveloped the sisters, making Chloe feel so unbelievably sick. The line went dead after a few moments and it hurt. She shook it off. She couldn't let the emotion hurt her now. She needed to be strong, for her girls. 

Moments later, the capos were on the opposite side of the building and she was ready to attack.