Angel Island Zone

Angel Island Zone Act 1

Sonic jumped up and grabbed a set of three rings as Lilac looked at them in wonder.

Lilac: What are those?

Sonic: These are Power Rings, or just Rings. As long as you hold onto one, you'll be invincible!

Tails: But get hit once, no matter how many you have, and you'll lose all of them!

Carol: Geez, sounds brutal.

Lilac spotted another set of rings and grabbed all three, then gave one each to her friends.

Lilac: This way, we should be able to not die here, at least for one hit...

Milla: Thank you, Lilac!

Carol: Still don't get how these things are supposed to help....

The gang trekked further into the jungle, searching for the Phantom Ruby. Then, Milla saw a computer moniter with a force field on the screen.

Milla: Mr. Sonic? What is this?

Sonic: Well look at that! A barrier moniter!

Sonic jumped up and destroyed the moniter with his quills, forming a shield around him.

Lilac: A shield?! Lucky!

As they continued on to find the Ruby, Carol groaned.

Carol: How hard is it to find a single gem?!

Knuckles: Pretty hard, actually.

Then, the Mobians and Avalicians began swinging on some, in which to the girls' surprise, had handles on them.

Lilac: This is super convenient.

Sonic: Right?

Knuckles: Too bad I'm the only one who can use them....

Milla: But we're using them, Mr. Knuckles, what do you mean?

Knuckles: Not what I meant, don't worry about it.

Sonic and Tails looked at each other uneasily, knowing the answer. Later, Sonic was racing up a hollow tree, with Lilac boosting behind him. Tails and Milla both flew with their tails and ears respectively, while Carol and Knuckles climbed it with their claws and spikes.

Sonic: Man! That never gets old!

Lilac: It was fun!

Then, they all rode down a zip line as Tails looked around in wonder.

Tails: You know, it's weird to be in this area of the island when it's not up in flames.....

Sonic: Now that you say it, yeah, it feels nice.

After collecting more rings, the gang arrived in a plain. However, there was still no sign of the Phantom Ruby.

Lilac: Have we even looked through half of the island?

Tails: Not even close! We're just 0.5/8ths in!

Carol: Ugh! Are you kidding me?!

Milla: We have to find it!

??? Oh but not if I find it first!

The Mobians' eyes widened, recognizing that voice. All of them looked up to see a flying, round vehicle that had a rotund, bald human man as its passenger.

Lilac: Who is that?!

???: Why hello there! I am Doctor Ivo Robotnik! I am in search of the Phantom Ruby!

Knuckles: Well guess what?! You're not gonna get it!

Sonic: Say your prayers Eggman!

The Avalicians froze at the name. Then, they snorted and bursted out laughing hysterically. Eggman pounded on his control board.