Chapter 1

"Reia, time's running out" y/n grumbled over coms in a hum. "Give me a damn minute" Reia temperamentally responded.

"Jayden, we're at 45, you are a go" y/n directed. She listened as Jayden giggled into their com. She watched him in a guard appearance over surveillance and erased the footage.

She hopped from a vent, revealing herself to Jayden, whilst turning off security. She snatched a case and tossed it to Jayden.

"Carson, how's our grand exit coming along? We've got a minute and a half." Y/n asked, walking through a corridor as Jayden tailed her. She blurred the footage of herself on her hologram computer but left the footage of the "security guard" as a cover up.

"Waiting on Reia" Carson answered shortly. "Damn you guys" Reia grumbled.

Y/n checked the surveillance footage. "Dammit. Scratch that we've got 30 seconds. Those hero bastards are outside" y/n urgently announced.
"Immaculate timing. I'm done!" Reia responded. Me and Jayden both put on gas masks while the ventilation system pushed out colorful smoke.

We both dashed through the corridors, bursting through a back door to our van. Reia jumps down to the roof before climbing in after us.

Carson floors the gas, the tires screech and we speed off. Y/n climbs into the passenger seat.

"We've got company, Carson" y/n sung nervously. Carson nodded. He pulled out a rifle as y/n grabbed the steering wheel. Carson leaned out the window and took aim.

Loud bangs went off. Carson set his rifle down and took the wheel with an angry huff. He fluffed his hair and pressed the gas harder.

Jayden rolled his eyes and opened the side door. He pulled out grenades and pulled all the pins with his teeth, tossing them out the door. A cacophony of explosions sounded behind us and Jayden giggled.

Reia lit three smoke bombs, tossing them out one by one. With a smoke cover, I grip the door and start glitching us out, Carson gradually easing off the gas.

He brakes once we're in our special lil warehouse.

"Fuck sake!" I groan, hopping from the vehicle. "I fucking hate those wannabe heroes!" I yell, throwing my jacket on the ground, displaying my 'gorgeous' soul marks.

"Okay, calm down, honey. It's fine, we're still gonna get paid. We have our drop offs tomorrow and then we won't have to worry about those fuckfaces" reia said calmly. "Yeah, we'll get to lay low for a bit" Jayden added. I nodded in understanding.

"Or. You could simply hand over all the valuables you stole" a voice rumbled across the warehouse.

I groan. "What's the big deal. Don't you have anything better to do" I turned around to face them. Electricity started sputtering under my skin as I studied the group. I didn't think anything of it as electricity was a very familiar feeling to me.

"Doctor strange, I-I know this isn't the time for interruption, but... my neck is burning" a smaller kid in mask said meekly. "I feel it to, pete" the guy who spoke said.

I gestured behind me, my crew grabbing all of our gear and stolen items before I glitched them out. "Now it's just me. What're you gonna do? Put your hands on a lady? And here I thought you were heroes" I cackled.

"Just come peacefully. We don't want to hurt you" a guy in a tin suit said. I sighed lazily. "I'll be the judge of that" a sinister and annoyed look.

I glitch under my warehouse in a labyrinth of tunnels I'd created for just this purpose. I stroll through the labyrinth, listen to the extremely far off yells of confusion and frustration. I snicker to myself.