Chapter 3

Lol you guys scraping for acknowledgment of this book 💀... check my page for other stories, Ik they're not marvel, but Y'know... if u want.

Back to the story...
I woke, stretching my back and popping every freakin joint in my body.

"Morning, glory" Clint addressed. I squint. He hated me yesterday?

"Morning" I tell him. "Y/n how do you take your coffee" stark asked. Shooketh. That's how I felt. Fuckin shook. "Say huh????" I mutter. "Yeah." He iterated. "It's fine, I was planning on going on a run and grabbing coffee on the way" I tell him, glitching into running clothes. The sofa was surprisingly comfy to sleep on.

"In that case, take my credit card" stark said. "Wh- no. I'm literally stopping at Dunkin, I have my own cash, sweetheart," I mock.

"You don't let anyone do anything for you, do you" he raised an eyebrow. "Didn't need em to" I tell him, starting toward the elevator. Bucky and Steve meet me at the door. "Oh hey boys," I tell them. "Hi, doll" Bucky grins. "Hun, I met you yesterday," I remind. "I've been waiting to meet you for 80 sum years," he reiterates. "Slap my ass and cry me a river," I joke. "Oh, for sure," he quirked his eyebrows and smirked. I just decided to glitch downstairs.

I started with a walk, then a jog, then a 30 sec. Sprint. After about 10 minutes, I reached my destination. Caffeine. Mmmmmm

"Hi, can I get a (fav coffee/caffeinated beverage)?" I ask the employee. "For sure, that'll be $7.57. Anything else?" She asked. "No, thank you" I smile and go to wait.

"Hey baby doll," someone says, catching me off guard and startling me. I buffer as I yelp, the noise coming out crackly like a broken record. It's Bucky.

"For fucks sake, Bucky! You scared the ever loving shit outta me" I slap his fleshy arm. He pulls me close with a giggle and hugs me.

I sigh and hug him back. They call my order and I grab it.

Bucky follows me out. Steve was outside, waiting. "God you're like pests," I giggled. "Come on, dear. You don't truly think that," Steve follows me. "No," I respond, watching the two men light up. "I know it for a fact," Bucky scoffed at the preceding statement. He slaps my butt gently. I roll my eyes with a coy grin. Steve pulls me in by the hip and gives me a kiss on the cheek. "You're so beautiful, you know that?" He tells me. "Why, thank you, Captain. I'm honored to be subject to your benevolence," I quip. He chuckles lightly. "More like subject to my admiration... affection... adoration... devotion," he kisses me all over from neck up between his words of praise. "Cut it out, you'll make me dizzy with all this affection," I lean away slightly.

"Sorry, I just can't help myself. I spent my life looking for you, then my second chance thinking I missed out on you," he confesses. "I've never... really cared about soulmates. I just- I disappointed a lot of people and I was pretty much prepared to let you all go, because I was so sure I'd disappoint you all," I lean comfortably into Steve's chest, sipping my drink. Bucky grabbed my hand.

He kissed my scarred knuckles and stopped me for a moment. He looked at my hands and I almost felt nervous. My garish scars and bruises made me feel... insecure.

But there was this look in his eyes when he met my own. Like there were a thousand words he wanted to say, but they'd clogged themself in his throat.

"You are... more than I could ever dream of," he continued to stare at my hands. I brought it up to his cheek and he looked up at me.

"You are more than I deserve..."