Chapter 2

It's short but I'm burnt out bc I don't just write this

It was dinnertime and everyone was eating in silence, except the few who were close to y/n's chair. they craved to know more about her. she could feel the glares stark was sending her. she could feel that it hurt him to do that, too.

"the fuck even is your problem with me, Stark?" she asked, causing a stillness to fill the air. "that you're about as useful as an ashtray on a speed boat and you're corrupting my prodigy. And to answer your question that you asked Steve earlier, yes, it'd be better if you were different" his answer was harsh. "yeah? you know, at least you're honest, so i know that you truly never wanted me when every time i searched for you, needed for you, wanted to celebrate my victories and mourn my losses with you, that i was right that you never wanted me. because through all those times i needed you, i never felt even the slightest flicker. like you came to ignore me even when i needed you. i was so scared you wouldnt like me. at least i know that" she got up and trudged away. Stark felt hurt. He didn't want to hurt her, truly. But how could she do this to him?

Just as he accepts he may never meet his soulmate, she trudges into his life. Then again he wasn't really trying to find her. But it was the principle. Crime.

He couldn't just fall for a world class criminal! What would the media say? But the guilt was starting to eat him from the inside, out. Rightfully so.