better in the dark

tw: none idk I guess body image issues but only light bit of it
smut: none
(Kinda from a song I guess, it's called better in the dark by Jordana and tv girl)

I was lying on my bed doing my math homework which was due tomorrow, listening to my favourite playlist.

'When I saw you standing there
With the dyed up blonded hair
They said that you had clout
I said I didn't care
When the look away's all clear
I can see you through the clouds
There's something I could tell you
But I forgot to ask'

The lyrics reminds me of when I first met nick, the memories made me smile. The song was upbeat and happy which explained why it reminded me of nick so much.

'In the shadow of the stars
The lighter makes a spark
But I look better in the dark
I look better in the dark'

'But I look better in the dark," I sang aloud. That reminded me of myself, and my body, it made me a tad bit sad, but nick loved me right? Yeah he loves  me so much.

'Do you think it would be weird
If I dropped into a dream?
Always the first to know
Always the last to leave
If you're sober in the morning
We can always just pretend
That you drank on your way home
And the party didn't end'

My phone buzzed, it was nick

Nicholas 🥰
Hey babe, want to go for a walk?

Me
Is that even a question? Of course I'll meet you at your place :)

While I was packing up my stuff off my bed, my mum walked in.
"Finished your homework already Charlie," she asked while putting away my clothes in my cupboard.
"Yep, nick just texted me saying if I wanted to go on a walk with him, I was wondering if I could go?," I asked begging my mum to let me go.
After a pause she said,"okay but layer up I don't want you to be sick and be back by 8pm, which is 3 hours, don't be late,"
"Thank you mum," I quickly put my shoes on and put a jumper and a coat so I was warm.

I was walking to Nick's place, while still listening to the song. It was winter, I love winter because nick and I always go in walks to the park with Nellie and just talk about life.
I

walked up to his door and knocked on the door.
"Hello," nick greeted me. I kissed him which startled him a bit.
"Hey to you too, are we going?," I asked taking his hand
"Uh yeah, haha," he nervously answered
I patted Nellie and we set off for our walk.
"So I found a song I think you might like, I don't know why but it reminds me of you....," I trailed off. I was a tad bit nervous because what if nick didn't like it.
"Oh cool, what's it called," he asked while putting the air pod in his ear that I handed him.
"Uh it's called better in the dark, by Jordana and tv girl. I only found it not too long ago, I hope you like it sorry if you don't," i opened Spotify and pressed play on the song.
We sat on a bench watching Nellie play in the snow.
"I like it," nick finally said while the song ended.
"Oh good ha ha I thought you'd hate it.,"
Nick kissed me and said, "why would I hate it?,"
"I don't know just didn't think it was a song you'd of liked but I guess that assumption was wrong," I said while laying my head on his shoulder. It was funny really how I was going out with nick Nelson, the rugby lad. I loved him so much. We sat together just talking and laughing about the most stupidest things.
"I have to go," I say sadly. I was at Nick's place and it was 7:40 pm
"Whyyy," nick groaned.
"Because my mum wants me home by 8pm and if I'm not back but then I won't be able to come to your place again!, I'd love to stay but I can't." I kissed him and said goodbye.

A/n: I'm back with a storyyy. I know it's a bit short but I like this, by the way this song is nice I like it a lot please stay safe and I love you guys!

Happy pride 🖤💜🤍

❤️🧡💛💚💙