Black Cat

You were now making the trek back to the Town of Beginnings after successfully beating that field boss. Not much was said during the journey, both of yous still shocked at what just happened. You were constantly checking on Koharu to make sure she was alright, whenever she got your concerned gaze, she would reply with "I'm alright, I promise"

Due to what happened, you had forgot completely forgot what you originally came out here to do, complete an objective for spiky head. Remembering this fact, you sped up your pace a little as you could tell he'd be a pain to deal with should you keep him waiting.

*10 minutes later*

Finally arriving back in the safe confines of the Town of Beginnings, you began looking for Kibaou. Not much longer later, you were greeted by the two players you had met earlier.

Miyurin: "Welcome back! I'll tell you, I'm glad to see you again!"
Ulrik: "While you were both away, we've been working for a bit. We're... just a tad bit stronger now."

Kibaou appeared suddenly, surprising everyone

Kibaou: "Colour me suprised!"
Miyurin: "Gah! We've got company!"
Kibaou: "You make it sound like we're 'bout to fight. I'm just back from a bit o' work. Nice timing"
Kibaou: "So, you got the goods?"

You handed over what you had collected

Kibaou: "Nice. That should do it."
Kibaou: "Alright then, here's your cut. I'm not gonna draw up a receipt, but it's all there."

He hands over a rather sizeable bag of col which you would later split with Koharu

Ulrik: "That's... a lot of cash. You really weren't kidding, huh"
Kibaou: "Stop sitting there eyeing it and go level up to join us. We still got some room for ya."
Ulrik: "You've got quotas and stuff, right? No thanks, I'm not sure we wanna rush anyway"
Kibaou: "That's what I get for even trying. How 'bout you lot? You ready to join me in taking on that boss?"
Koharu: "I... can't decide"
Koharu: "You're probably right, Kibaou. With things as they are, we need to work together. I agree"
Koharu: "But still... I don't want to abandon anyone below our level"

Once again, Koharu shows how she may be the kindest person in all of Aincrad

Koharu: "What do you think, Joshua?"

That was something to consider, you partly agreed with Kibaou about clearing this game as quickly as possible. But, abandoning the low level players just felt wrong

Joshua: "I'm with Koharu"

This answer certainly didn't please Kibaou judging by the displeased look on his face

Kibaou: "Bunch o' newbs, huh? Fine, whatever. Your still better than that lot who just care about making themselves stronger"
Kibaou: "levelling up solo ain't gonna cut it. But dragging around scaredy cats isn't either. Both will get you crushed before level 100"
Kibaou: "We just need players ready to commit, and ready to work together. That's what I say"
Kibaou: "You lemme know if you feel ready. Really, I hope it's before we take on the boss. Wouldn't mind having you there."

With that, he left to go do whatever, probably shout at some other players who he considers to not be pulling his weight

Miyurin: "I guess even spiky head has his own goals and reasons, huh..."
Ulrik: "Is that enough to get us moving though? I hear some group of jerks are holding up the best farming spots. They're probably Kibaou's gang, too."

That had been something you feared as soon as this death game started. In a life or death situation, people tend to prioritise themselves other everyone else

Ulrik: "Working with them isn't really my style"
Miyurin: "Shoulda said that while he was still here, then I guess we just gotta stick to our ways..."
Koharu: "Your ways, huh... Thinking for yourselves, not just following someone else..."
Koharu: "Joshua, I'll start trying to think ahead for myself a bit, too"
Koharu: "Right now I'm just so worried about surviving, I haven't really given it much thought. But I'll have to mull it over at some point"