26. Tribal Gathering

"Okay, Salene, Trudy, Patsy and Cloe, you guys are staying here with Brady. Flynn, Beau and Caleb, I want you guys to stay as well, someone needs to man the sewers the whole time and I feel safer knowing you guys are here in case anything happens," I announce to everyone, and everyone nods in understanding.

The boys have the wind turbine on a wagon, in two pieces so it fits better.

"Everyone who is coming to the gathering, I want you on your best behaviour, and avoid arguing in front of other tribes. We need to look like a solid tribe, any arguments can wait until we come back. A reminder to Bray, you will not be involved in anything related to leadership, myself and Martin will handle that, and if need be, Amber, Lex and Reg will give their input too. Anyone coming needs to be on the lookout for Dal, if you find him, alert someone on the leadership council immediately," I tell everyone, looking over the group.

Last night we came to the conclusion that rather than having to constantly specify leaders and who's in charge of what, that we will call it a leadership council, but as tribe leader I get the final say.

"Alright lets move out!" Reg calls out and we all exit through the main entrance, due to the size of the group.

-----

It takes us just under 30 minutes to reach the area of the beach where the gathering is being held. On the way it was discussed that in the event of any kind of talent competition (because we all know the majority of the remaining Locos like to show off any talent), that Tai-San would be our entry with her dancing.

As we head to the centre of the crowd to find Ebony, since we are one of the biggest established tribes in the city, Martin, the boys and I are looking to see who is remaining of the Locos.

"Where the hell is Jaffa?" Luka asks.

"I know, wasn't he the most fanatic out of all the cronies?" I ask Martin.

"My guess is he didn't believe that Ebony should run the tribe, or that he's one of the fanatics that split off and went searching for Zoot," Martin says.

"Oh well, can't worry about it too much right now," Nolan says.

We walk through the sea of people and with one look to the boys, we huddle KC and Jack in behind the turbine and they move to walk either side of them, as the youngest members of the group I don't want to take any chances, especially with Jack being the scientific mastermind, he is of value to all other tribes and I don't feel like gouging anyone's eyes out to keep him safe.

It's a good thing we have done that, because we see quite a few people who look slightly unhinged, unable to cope with the amount of changes in the world in the span of the last year. One kid looks ready to come up once we've gone past to try and grab KC, but with one gesture, Luka has eyes on the girl the entire time and makes sure KC is right by his side, and the girl backs away.

"We're being watched by some of the Locos," Zandra tells us once we get situated somewhere and set up the turbine, and Martin, Reg, Lex and I all look to where she's looking to see a few Locos eyeballing us.

"I'm not surprised since we have some of the main members of the old Locos," Lex tells her.

"Probably wondering why you joined us instead of staying," I point out.

"If only they knew Zoot was right under their noses," Martin scoffs, amused by the situation.

"'Oh Zoot why did you desert us?'," Nolan asks in a dramatic voice.

"'Because I have a child and fell in love'," Luka continues. "'And I couldn't stand another minute of Ebony swishing her hair and whipping me in the face'."