Chapter 24.

Grieving isn't a thing to solve any of my problems. Especially when I have to face the most horrible part of it, the court.

Sandro wants to take the custody and I have to face the court without shredding a single tear.

Kinuha nila si Eyra kaninang umaga lang at kinailangan kong magsinungaling para hindi siya magpanic. I am preparing myself once Sandro took the custody but I am also hoping that they'll take my side.

Pwede namang ibigay ko na lang kay Sandro ang anak niya pero I lack trust and also, I'll be a total nothing.

"We're starting now."

The case went well. The court seems to agree with my side after all my testimony. But I know that Eyra wanting a father for a long time weighs more than my reasons.

Pagkatapos ng unang araw, may isang araw ako na makakasama si Eyra bago ang pinal na desisyon ng korte. Tatanungin nila si Eyra kung kanino siya sasama at bakit. Her being a kid will surely choose her father so I'll take the one day to spent a wholesome memories.

Nakabihis na kami ni Eyra para pumunta ng amusement park nang tawagan ako nina Stella at Ryle, gusto nilang sumama pero naintindihan nilang time namin ni Eyra ang araw na'to. Minutes after they called, Stephan took over.

"How are you feeling?"

"Hindi dapat ako malungkot o anuman ngayon, this day will be memorable for us so I should set aside my emotions and act like nothing is happening. This is our fate I guess." I tightened my grip at the steering wheel and glanced at Eyra from the mirror.

"Do you want me to guide you two?"

"Huwag na, magiging okay naman kami. We should meddle on your works."

I didn't decline it because of his confession but because I want to be alone with my daughter. Pinaintindi ko naman sa kaniya na hindi ko pa alam ang reaksyon ko sa mga sinabi niya noong isang gabi at okay na kami.

After the conversation, Eyra took the opportunity to speak.

"Mommy, ma'am Elorza asked me yesterday." she's talking about the woman who assisted her yesterday. "She asked me whom I want to live with. Why should I choose if I can live with my daddy and mommy at the same time?"

Naisip ko rin iyon.

"Hindi ko masasagot iyan ngayon, 'nak. Let's forget about it for now, okay? Let's enjoy this day. We'll go anywhere you want and by noon, we'll visit mommy, you want that?" her face glowed and nodded.

Ito, ganito ang gusto ni Farrah na mangyari. Hindi ko na dapat talikuran ang mga bagay na hiling niya, hindi dapat ako magpalamon sa sarili kong gusto. Hindi man ako sigurado kung magiging maayos akong mag-isa sa bahay, sigurado naman akong magiging masaya ang bata. Tanggap ko na.

Luckily, I have set my problems aside and enjoyed the moment.

"Mommy, I met daddy." masayang masaya siyang kinukwentuhan si Farrah. "I've met him before but I didn't knew that he's my daddy."

I'm sorry, baby.

"I'm sure mommy didn't recognize daddy so she didn't realized that it was him." she joked about me. Tinutukoy niya ang unang pagkakataon na nagkita sila ni Sandro. "Now I'll have my real daddy and plus points, I'll be having daddy Ryle too. I'm so happy, mommy. Are you also happy for me? Although I don't see him lately, I know that he'll come and get me. Right, mommy?" she asked me.

I nodded, not showing my pain.

She's so happy that I can't ruin her dream of being with Sandro.

"If he come, would you come with him, baby?" I asked even I already her answer.