Chapter 29.

"Atino?"

He called, my brother. Pero hindi siya tumawag para sa kung ano mang closeness na dapat meron sa amin, tumawag siya para humingi ng pabor. It's not his favor but our parents made him ask for it.

"The company is falling, chefs are resigning and the investors are back outing. They want to invest with you."

Natuwa ako sa ideyang makikipag-ayos na sila kahit gagamitin lang nila ako para maisalba ang kompanya pero wala akong narinig tungkol sa relasyon naming pamilya. That's it. Tungkol lang sa business at pera.

Ano bang inexpect ko? Tsk, posible bang makikipag-ayos sila sa akin? Hindi, hindi posible.

"They say they'll pay much money just for you to save the falling company. They knew your talent in baking, but this isn't exactly a favor, it's an offer."

Hindi ko alam kung papayag ako, I don't need more to my shop and all I wish is support and love from them, but up until now, they still don't see me as a part of the family.

"I'll think 'bout it. Maybe I'll have an answer tomorrow." napaupo ako sa sofa dahil sa disappointment. "Say, Atino.."

"Hm?"

"I can decline if I want, right?"

"It's up to you. I'm not really a part of the family's company so you tell them your decision. I'll leave the house number to you. I'll be off for two months, I can't hold the phone for them again. You deal with them. I'd better be going."

"Uhm, yeah. Thank you, Atino."

They didn't changed at all. They're still using Atino.

Can I really face them? I am thinking of declining, but there's a part of me that's wanting to help them—my family once.

"I DON'T NEED MONEY." I told Claire.

Ako na mismo ang pumunta sa kumpanya at si Claire—as the secretary of our father, assisted me rudely to her office.

I declined the offer, returning the favor they ask me for.

"Is this your revenge? You won't help your family? Or the money isn't just enough to you?" she scoffed as I glare her for what she just said.

Tumayo ako, aalis na. "You should be aware of the words coming from your mouth. I think I already know why many chefs are resigning, maybe it's because of the manners that the secretary of this company has."

I was walking toward the exit when two people entered, of course it's our parents.

"Y-Yiella.."

"Call me Celestine, Mrs. Ranxicca." pormal kong sabi.

"What about taking the seat again and talk about the offer with us?" dad said, glaring at Claire. Mukhang alam niyang napasama ang loob ko dahil naabutan nila akong papalabas.

"I can't, sir. I already declined the offer. Your secretary can talk about it with you, I am leaving. Thank you for kindly offering for business but I don't think I need it."  I turned my back. "I also think that some people deserve this kind of thing than me. I am taking my leave."

"This is about business, Yiella." dad's words stopped me.

Hindi ako nagsalita, kinagat ko ang labi para pigilan ang sariling sumagot ng pabalang.

"It's just about business. If something is bothering you, stop worrying because this all's just for business."

Two sentences and it has reached my limit. My sight became blurry. Nagulat sila nang humarap ulit ako, probably because I am crying.