.Chapter One.

I finally got home from a long day around town. It was later than usual. My Dad was already home. He was standing right in front of the door as I came in.

"Where have you been?" He said. Anger, clearly in his voice. "I-I was just walking around town." I stuttered out. He didn't believe me. "Yeah sure you were, you little slut." He slaps me. Hard. Harder than ever before.

I knew he was drunk. He always got drunk around 7, sometimes 8. It was 7:45. He was drunk. He grabs me by the arms. He grips hard. I hated when he did that.

"Now you, young lady, are going to tell me the truth about where you have been." He yells. "I am telling the truth! I was walking around town! That's all!" I say making the biggest mistake I could make with my dad. I raised my voice. "Oh-ho, you are in for a treat with that. You little whore," he slaps me again. I sob. "Bet you were with those boys, huh? Probably losing your virginity to each and everyone of them. I bet that was it." He slaps the other side of my face now. Still gripping hard. Putting bruises into my arms and face.

"No! God no! Why would you even think that, that's disgusting!" I did it again. I raised my voice. God, will I ever learn? He punches me. It happened all the time. But, this time was just harder. I just couldn't take it. I sobbed so hard. I had tears streaming down my face. "You will never come back after dark again. You hear me?" He shouts. I sob. "Do you hear me!" He shouts even louder than before. "Yes, yes. God, yes I hear you." He throws me to the ground. "Don't bother me." He says, walking back to his office.

I run to my room and grab old backpack I have for school. It was the biggest bag I had. I poured out all of my school supplies. I packed some clothes. A few important things. Toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc. And a few unimportant things that I still needed. Radio, notebook, pens, deck of cards. I quickly put on my shoes and run out the door. Opening and closing it quietly, but still quite quickly.

I knew exactly where to go. The person I trusted the most in this world. I trusted him with my life. God, he was just the sweetest. He would 100% let me stay with him. I loved him. And not just in a friends way... He was the first person I thought of to go to. I would go to Teddy Duchamp.