40. If I say to wait-

At 8 o'clock in the evening, the official version of Paper Cutting was launched simultaneously on all platforms. At the same time, the version of Reincarnation that Xie Yang sang at B City TV's New Year's Eve party was also edited separated by a marketing account and quietly climbed to the hot list.

On Weibo, everyone's attention was still focused on the chat records exposed by He Rumin. This song wasn't very popular and there was only a celebration among fans. Then two hours later, the play volume of Paper Cutting started to rise wildly at a speed visible to the naked eye. Xie Yang's version of Reincarnation had also climbed to the front row of the popular positions and was just under Mu Zhouyi's video of Remembering the Homeland.

The name Xie Yang appeared in the atmosphere of eating melons, attracting the attention of many melon eaters. Not long after, the topic of #I became sleep after listening to Xie Yang's new song# inexplicably made it to the hot topic and the discussion continued to rise.

By the time Xie Yang shut it down and was ready to go to sleep, Paper Cutting had already climbed to the top of the new song charts on all major music platforms in terms of play volume and download volume.

The door opened and Qiu Xing, who had just gone out to answer the phone, walked back in with his mobile phone. Xie Yang placed his phone on the bedside table and lay down to watch Qiu Xing. Qiu Xing's footsteps stopped for a moment before he walked to the bedside table, turned off the light and got into bed.

Xie Yang turned to face Qiu Xing. It took a few seconds for Qiu Xing to turn over and face Xie Yang. The hand in the quilt stretched out toward Xie Yang, holding the hand that Xie Yang had placed in front of him.

Xie Yang closed his eyes and prepared to sleep.

"The phone call just now was from Qinglin. He said he wanted to come over tomorrow to pay the New Year's greetings. I agreed. Mom will definitely be happy."

Xie Yang opened his eyes and tried to see Qiu Xing's expression in the darkness. He asked, "Do you want to prepare a red envelope for Feng Qinglin in advance?"

"......" Qiu Xing gently squeezed Xie Yang's hand and the sighs and complexity in his tone disappeared. His tone was low and filled with laughter. "You only thought about this?"

"More than that. I thought that Feng Qinglin shouldn't be used to the food here. The last time he ate here, he obviously didn't eat well."

Qiu Xing's tone suddenly became fierce. "He must eat even if he isn't used to eating. You didn't..."

Qiu Xing suddenly shut up. The room was quiet. It wasn't known how much time passed before Qiu Xing's voice was heard again. "Xie Yang, if I say to wait..."

Xie Yang opened his eyes again without speaking. Then he closed them a few seconds later.

***

The next day, the atmosphere of the small building was inexplicably tense since everyone got up. No matter whose phone rang, everyone looked over. In this strange atmosphere, Qiu Xing's phone rang after 9 o'clock. Feng Qinglin had finally arrived. This time, Qiu Xing didn't let Xie Yang pick him up and instead sent Zhou Miao out alone.

More than 10 minutes later, Feng Qinglin carrying a gift was welcomed through the door by the carer. He went to the small living room, put down the gift and then called out to Mother Qiu. "Grandma."

Mother Qiu nodded and had Feng Qinglin sit. Feng Qinglin sat down and saw his uncle's stern and emotionless face. He said, "Uncle, Happy New Year."

Qiu Xing nodded.

Finally, Feng Qinglin's gaze fell on Xie Yang. Xie Yang raised an eyebrow and waited for Feng Qinglin to say something. Feng Qinglin's expression was awkward and stiff. He was silent for a long time before saying with difficulty, "Au..."