70. Funeral

Qiu Xing only allowed himself to be sad for half an hour. Half an hour later, he picked himself up and started arranging the funeral.

He called his mother's family, the Qiu family, Liu Sha, He Jun and other people, notifying them of Mother Qiu's death. Then he contacted everyone who should be contacted including the sanatorium, funeral company and cemetery.

Xie Yang didn't overly comfort Qiu Xing. He just ensured he stayed in a position where Qiu Xing could see him the moment Qiu Xing turned his head.

In less than two hours, the small building deep in the sanatorium was filled with people from all walks of life. As more people came, Qiu Xing's mood became more controlled. He was like a snail, shrinking his soft insides into a ball and hiding it in a thick shell.

His mother's older brother, Liu Jiang came to blame him. "Your mother was dying. Why didn't you inform us earlier? What type of son are you? I heard that a few days earlier, you took your mother to-"

"Shut up." Xie Yang, who had stayed quietly behind Qiu Xing, suddenly walked up. He stopped in front of Liu Jiang and declared coldly, "It isn't your place to blame Ah Xing. If you want to keep talking then I will ask you to leave."

Many people around them were watching. Liu Jiang was so angry that he opened his mouth and scolded, "Who do you think you are? Actually talking to me like this? My sister is dead, you-"

"He Jun." Qiu Xing abruptly interrupted while reaching out to hold Xie Yang's hand. He pulled Xie Yang back and ordered without even looking at Liu Jiang, "Send Chairman Liu out."

Chairman Liu... it wasn't even Uncle.

Liu Jiang's expression was very ugly. He wanted to say something else but was held back by Liu Zhu who rushed over. Liu Zhu's eyes were red and he seemed to have been crying. He shouted at Liu Jiang, "Brother, what are you doing? What occasion is this? Can you stop making trouble!"

"I'm not-"

He Jun walked in front of the two of them and coldly reached out. "Chairman Liu, please."

Liu Jiang was embarrassed and didn't want to leave. He wanted to pull everyone down with him. Liu Zhu was angry and sad. He spoke a few sentences to appease Qiu Xing and Xie Yang before dragging Liu Jiang away.

It became quiet indoors.

Xie Yang abruptly turned back and hugged Qiu Xing. He touched Qiu Xing's back and coaxed him. "Don't care about those people. I will deal with them. Just stay with Mom."

Qiu Xing closed his eyes and hugged Xie Yang back. He lowered his head, rubbed it against Xie Yang's cheek and replied, "Hmm."

***

Xie Yang took over the external hospitality. He was more decisive and merciless than Qiu Xing. Most importantly, he was calmer and more thorough than everyone expected.

Those who dared to talk nonsense due to the shallow relationship they had were invited to leave by him on the spot. Those who wanted to talk to Qiu Xing based on being an elder were all blocked by him. It didn't matter if they were relatives of the Qiu family or Liu family. He suppressed all those who dared to take the opportunity to mess around.

He stood in front, helping create a space for Qiu Xing to send Mother Qiu on her final journey.

The mourning hall was soon set up. Liu Sha helped Mother Qiu change clothes and put on makeup. Then she notified Qiu Xing, Feng Qinglin, Xie Yang and several other people so they could place Mother Qiu in the coffin and send her to the mourning hall.

Only then did the guests notice that Feng Qinglin was present.

The recent turmoil in the Feng family had been very loud. Everyone knew that Qiu Xing was acting behind the scenes. Now Feng Qinglin appeared at the funeral of Mother Qiu. This signal was really subtle.