41 | One World, One People

"Mr. Barnes. It's Karli."

Bucky was purposefully walking down the hall, following the crowd and panic to evacuation, when the unknown woman approached him with a phone.

Bucky looked her up and down, suspicious, before he hesitantly grabbed the phone with his Vibranium arm.

He pulled it up to his ear after looking at the screen, slowly continuing his walk and looking around for the read-headed young leader.

"Karli?"

"Aren't you tired of fighting for the wrong side?"

Bucky scoffed, walking down the stairs, still very much on alert.

"I've done this before, kid. I know how it ends," he shut her down.

"It doesn't matter if I don't survive this. I'm fighting for something bigger than myself. And with all the bodies you've collected, have you ever been able to say the same?"

"You don't think I ever fought for something bigger than myself?" Bucky spat, stopping. "That's all I ever tried to do. And I failed, twice," he sighed, and really tried to get through to her. "You think your cause justifies all this death, but in the end, the nightmares won't go away. You're gonna remember all the ones you killed. Trust me. Don't do this. Don't go down this path."

"If that's how you feel, you should sit this one out," Karli responded after a second.

"Come on, you know I ain't gonna do that," Bucky told her, looking around again.

"Well, that's very unfortunate. Because now, you'll have to choose what's more important to you. Stopping a justified revolution?" Karli spoke cryptically. "Or saving Ana."

Bucky froze, and his heart rate sped up, not sure if he heard her correct. "What did you just say?"

"You heard me."

Bucky gritted his teeth, bring the phone down, before pulling it back up to his ear, fuming. "Karli, tell me where she is, now, or I swear to God, I'll fuc-"

"Come on, you know I ain't gonna do that," she repeated his words, cutting him off. "You chose wrong. And now, unless you save her, Ana's sacrifice will be a part of our revolutionary movement, just like the rest of them. Thank you, Mr. Barnes. I'm glad you took my call. You've been a big help."

Karli hung up, abruptly, and Bucky cursed, forcing himself not to squeeze and break the phone as he looked ahead of him.

"God, damn it!" He growled, and took off towards the evac again, shoving the phone in his pocket.

Karli did give him one clue, though.
Wherever they had Ana, that's where they had the council members they were planning on killing.

"Ana. Ana, do you copy? Where are you?" Bucky tried, even though he knew, she wasn't going to answer. "Sam, Sam we got a big problem."

Bucky found a sport bike in the garage, and he nearly jumped when Sharon spoke to him from behind a column.

"Seriously, Bucky, you had one job," she scolded, and Bucky glared at her.

"They have Ana, Sharon. She's with the other hostages. Worry about your guy, and find her," Bucky spat quickly, angry, and he revved the bike, getting it up and running, Sharon widening her eyes in shock before focusing back on her job.