CODE 101 Come

Ben ran upstairs and reached the battlefield. X was dead and Coelestin sat quietly beside his dead body, his face was red with blood. Evelyn, Slaine and Clanthido stood beside him. He slowly walked towards them over the rubble and the squishy dead bodies. Clanthido looked at him, "...Xelveyni? ikt at ar?" (Tn//Is that you?) Clanthido asked.
"Hello Clanthido, just call me Ben," Ben replied.

"God, I never thought I'd ever see you again," Clanthido said and hugged him tightly.
"You took your sweet time to get here," Slaine said while Evelyn just stared at the blood on his clothes.
"Yes, I was a bit busy," Ben said.
"You've got an unnatural pulse, what's the matter?" Clanthido's purple eyes looked at Ben.
"Can you sense something?" Ben said. Clanthido's eyes began glowing.

"...Yeah, I can hear something...The time machine?"

. . .

Axel opened the control panel and smoke and steam covered the chamber. He coughed, "FUCK! It's burning!" He yelled, "How do I stop this?"

. . .

"...I have a feeling something bad is about to happen," Clanthido said as he clutched his opposite elbows with his hands, "I sense an energy imbalance,"
Ben turned towards the hills, "Evelyn,"
"Yes?"
"You got your powers yet?"

"Yes, I did,"
"Could you take me somewhere?"
Evelyn nodded and water rose from the ground. Ben got on top of it while holding Evelyn's hand. "Come with me," He said.
Clanthido flew with them towards the hills.

They reached the bushes where he found Asselyum. He had dismantled her and now her parts were lying on the grass. Ben jumped down from the wave and picked up a part, "Clanthido,"
"Yes?"
"Could you join me and this robot together? Like an armour around my body,"
"Of course, but what are you planning?" He asked.

"It's not a plan. It's an experiment,"
"...Ben," Clanthido's faith wavered, "You're not planning on doing something rash, are you? We've lost you once, we can't lose you again,"
"Just trust me, okay? I won't leave you. I will always be with you. I know I can do it and so can you," Ben stood on the grass with Asselyum's parts surrounding him. Clanthido's eyes glowed purple, and so did Asselyum's metallic parts. Ben glowed green and purple and the hot metallic parts melted and slowly stuck on his skin, giving a porcelain white coat on his red burning skin. Ben's body was shining like porcelain plastic. He looked at him and then at Clanthido.

"Evelyn," Ben smiled.
"Yes?" Evelyn looked at him. He got down on his knees and looked into Evelyn's eyes.
"Humans are a fragile species. The more you try to emotionally involve yourself with them, the more you hurt yourself and when you hurt yourself, you end up hurting them. Their life span is tiny. One moment they are with you, in the other they are gone forever, and no matter what you do, you can never bring them back. All you can do is suffer for the rest of your life, missing them. You can't get attached to them, Evelyn, because when they leave, it will completely destroy you. And that pain of destruction will make you do something horrible, something irreversible. And after that, no matter what you do to fix it, it'll just keep getting worse and worse. You'll end up hurting more and more people." Ben's eyes were wet, but he was smiling, "Four hundred years on Earth, and I'm still alone. You know why? It's because now I'm afraid of people. Because the very person I loved, left me. And I could not bear it, so, to revive him from his DNA, I made monsters that ate everyone, to fix that, I helped Axel make war robots who destroyed half the world, heck one of them even ended a country because I asked him to. I'm always messing things up. So please, Evelyn," He pressed his hands over his head,

"If it comes; let it. If it goes; let it.
What's yours will find you.
Everything in time,"

Evelyn nodded and then Ben turned towards Clanthido. Clanthido's eyes glowed purple and he grabbed Ben's hand. Both of them flew in the air towards the time machine.