King Fili

You are wondering alone in the hallway. The battle of the five armies had just finished, unfortunately Thorin didn't make it, you all grieve for him... it was hard seeing the company so sad... Dwalin seemed devastated, Kili was trying to process everything and Tauriel is really helping him. You are so glad about her, she was a great help through our the journey. But the worst part is Fili... he doesn't show the others but you know he isn't alright. His blue eyes that were glowing had turn dark blue... his smile that was bright as the sun disappeared... and you could do nothing about it.

'He is the king now... there is no way I'll make him feel better, there is no way he will listen to me' you think to yourself and bump into someone's chest. "Oh I'm sorry-" you say but you turn red as soon as you raise your eyes and meet Fili's. You take a step back and look at your feet as you squeeze your dress

"It's okay" he smiles soflty and rubs his beard. He clears his throat before you bow and start walking. He takes your wrist as you walk by him. "Could you come with me? F-for a walk?"

"Me? Um yes sure" you say and he shows the way. "So..." you begin "my king ho-"

"My king?" He interrupts and you look at him "Where did Fili go?" He asks and smiles with his lips touching

"I thought that since you became a king I have no right to-"

"You have no right? You?" He asks and laughs

'I missed that' you think to yourself

"You missed what?" He asks and you stare, you hadn't realize that you actually said that out loud.

"Nothing..."

"Tell me y/n what did you miss?" He asks soflty and you look away "Well?" He asks again

"That smile..." you say and notice he's surprised "I haven't seen it for a long time" you add and keep walking ahead while Fili stayed there staring at you before running to catch up with you.

"I didn't have a reason to..." he says and you nod kinda disappointed to his words "I didn't mean it like that" he tries to explain as soon as he notices your reaction

"No, I get it... don't worry about it..."

"No I'm sorry, you-"

"No no no don't apologize to me, you don't have to... I know it was and it is a hard period for you... for everyone is..." you say and a tear manages to get away from your eye. You are about to wipe it but Fili holds your hand and steps closer to you. You look at him and wait to see his next move. He raises his hand slowly and holds your face, and wipes it away.

"Your face is cold..." he says in a low tone of voice

"Y-yeah... maybe we should go back-" you say trying to pass by him but he brings you back in front of him. "I-I'm cold" you say swallowing and he smiles and place his palms to your cheeks

"Better?" He asks and you nod while you feel your cheeks turning red. Fili is looking at you... searching your face

"Is there something on me?" You ask and he looks in your eyes. Your heart skips a beat. He takes a slow step closer to you staring at your lips "Fili..." you exhale but that's all you get to say. He leans in and kisses you soflty. You sight and slowly slide your hands to his chest and then his neck. He let go off your face and place his hands on your hips sticking you onto him.

After a while you both pull back leaning your foreheads against each other's. You stare at him, not sure what just happened and he smiles. "Y/n... when I said there was no reason to smile... I didn't mean it like that..."

"I get it-" he cuts you by kissing you.

"You didn't let me finish" he says and you blush

"I'm sorry" he soflty kisses you again

"You were the reason I smiled throughout the whole journey... from the first time I saw you entering Bilbo's house till the end... you were the reason... when Thorin died... I felt like so much burden fell on my shoulders... and I couldn't handle him being gone... that's why I stayed away from you..." you caress his beard as you listen to him "What I wanted to say is I love you y/n..." you smile to his words and pull him closer to you and kiss him. He smiles during the kiss which made you smile as well.  He pulls back grinning "I didn't get a respond..." you chuckle...

"The kiss wasn't enough?" You ask and he smiles while shaking his head negatively

"I wanna hear it..." he says

"Fili of Durin... I love you..." you say and you see his eyes sparkle and a huge smile on his face.