𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎

When I was a kid I wanted to be like the models in the vogue magazines, I wanted to be as beautiful and strong was the ocean

When I was a kid I wanted to be like the models in the vogue magazines, I wanted to be as beautiful and strong was the ocean. I wanted to be able to show people that I wasn't some worthless girl, who's parents divorced and lost her dad. This summer has thought me a lot of things, the letting go is okay and that meeting new people is important because they teach you new things.

"Do you have lip gloss?"The girl from the night of the bonfire, the one that Conrad was with smiles at me politely.

"yea"I grab my lipgloss from the vanity and smile at her, she sits next to me.

"Conrad talked a lot about you when were together"I purse my lips and nod.

"is that why you broke up?"She looks away from the vanity mirror then at me and chuckles.

"We broke up because he was wasting my time, he was just using me and I could care less because he deserves someone who will help him and be there for him"I nod at her words.

"Im nicole by the way!"She hands me back my lipgloss,"Im-".

"Dee"Nicole smiles and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Conrads lucky to have someone like you, who is kind and strong and if he dosent get his shit together then live your life girlfriend!" And with that Nicole walks away, I chuckle at her words.

I was the last one to be ready, I took a quick peak at myself. A smile forms on my face, I grab a bouquet of roses and walk out of the dressing room and towards the back of the stage. Peoples names are being called, I take a breath, I was next. Dylan waves at me and I wave back.

"Our next debutante is Dee Casey, daughter of Harper Casey. She goes to school in Oregon and is the captain of the swim team she also is apart of debate team and has won five trophies for her excellent skills on the debate time!"Me and Dylan link elbows together, we walk out with big smiles on our faces. The first person I make eye contact with is Conrad, I quickly look away when I see my mom and sam, Sam is holds up a camera and takes a picture my mom rolls her eyes playfully at him.

"he's a nerd!"She mouths and I giggle,"I know!"I say back. Me and Dylan walk off the dance floor and towards the table that everyone is sitting at, I hung my mom first then give sam a high-five. I blow kisses at laurel and Susannah. Soon Belly and Jeremiah come out, they looked cute together I thought was they looked at each other with big smiles, then Steven and Shayla come out, Belly gives me a big hug.

"You guys look so beautiful!"Susannah smiles at me and belly.

It was time for the escorts to dance, everyone cheered and laughed. Belly smiled as she watched Jeremiah dance. But it was hard to lay attention to their dance when Conrads eyes burned a hole in the back of my head.

"Okay everyone give it up for our escorts, we will now have the debutantes and escorts dance together." I grab dylans hand and we walk to the dance floor, I glance at belly who seemed out of place I grab her hand.