cali gets kidnapped part two

Welp. Today happened. Writing is an escape for me, so enjoy this quick update. Part three will probably be done tomorrow. -kris-

TW: cursing, mention (and usage) of drugs, mention of alcohol, nonspecific medical experimentation mentions

-----

Three weeks had gone by since California had gone missing. Twenty-five days to be exact (not that Texas or New York were keeping track or anything). Gov had texted Florida that he had an update, finally, but wanted to keep the information on the down-low. Florida agreed, sending a message to Texas, Louisiana, New York, and Colorado to come to his room for a quick meeting with Gov.

Utah entered the room with Colorado. Gov went to say something then stopped himself. Colorado had been clinging to Utah ever since it was discovered that his brother was missing. Not that Utah particularly minded since he had his own kids and knew how they got when they were extremely upset. He was pretty fond of the square state, even if he did things Utah found immoral.

"Well?" Texas demanded once everyone was gathered.

"Okay, so the FBI was able to track the car that picked California up," Gov announced. "It's taken so long because the car was swapped multiple times, but they are confident they have the right building. They are going in later today."

Louisiana and Florida grinned. Even Colorado looked excited at the news.

"I'll get a call later on," Gov promised. "As soon as I do, I'll let you all know."

--

California came to, bolting upright as frigid water was dumped over his sore body. He shivered, blinking awake as another round of freezing water was dumped on him. He slowly looked up, making sure not to speak. An older woman, someone he considered a friendly face, was "cleaning" him.

A flurry of activity was going on across the room. California did his best to focus on the movement, trying to decipher the meaning. Hurried words were spoken in hushed tones as boxes were packed haphazardly.

"...inside man gave us enough warning," one of the lab coat wearers was saying just loud enough for California to hear. The person they spoke to replied more quietly so he missed the response. He tried to make sense of what he heard, but his brain was fuzzy from whatever drugs he'd been forced to ingest over the last few days.

"Vamanos," the woman next to California ordered gently, snapping her fingers to get the state's attention. She was probably the nicest person he'd become acquainted with during his captivity. "Tengo ropa para ti."

California frowned, but allowed himself to be led towards another corner of the room. A pair of black cotton sweats and a black t-shirt were laid out for him. Knowing he was meant to wear them, he slowly put the clothes on. They were big on him and felt rather uncomfortable after not having had any clothing on for weeks.

"You've been very well-behaved so far," a voice California had become all too familiar with announced. He shivered, turning around and training his eyes at the boots the man always wore. "We're moving locations. Consider this another test."

California swallowed nervously but nodded in understanding. He wanted nothing other than to escape, but that wasn't a viable option. It had been made abundantly clear that if he were to escape, the kidnappers would go after either Colorado or Florida as well as kill the only person who had been friendly to him so far. None of these options were okay for the golden state. He didn't want his brother nor one of his boyfriends to take his place (or anyone else for that matter - not after seeing and experiencing what these people could and would do), and he certainly didn't want to be the reason someone was killed.