Auditorium

This chapter contains some content that may be sensitive to some people. if sexual assault is a touchy subject for you.. proceed with caution
-Samantha💋

Hanna's POV

We got to school and Ali seemed a bit uncomfortable. She hadn't been is so long with everything that has happened and it was weird for her.

"You'll be fine." I whispered before we walked in and joined the other girls.

"Hey guys." spence said walking towards us. Aria and Emily followed.

"Hey why is nobody in class yet." I asked

"Because we have a school assembly."

"Oh fun! " I said sarcastically

"About what?" Ali asked

"Either about not doing drugs or sexual assault." those are usually the ones we get once a year." Emily said annoyed

"We just need to get to Homeroom for attendance and then we go straight to the auditorium. lets all meet back here so we can sit together." Spencer said and we all walked off to our homeroom classes.

Once the bell to end homeroom rang we all met back at the same spot and got seats next to each other.

"This is gonna be so boring." I whined and the other girls laughed.

"Can I have everybody's attention please." the principal said through a microphone and the auditorium got progressively quieter.

Once it was completely silent he began to speak.

"Ok everyone so today the assembly will be about sexual assault and abuse and not being afraid to speak up if something bad happens to you.

People began to whisper and laugh and some people seemed uncomfortable.

"Please be quiet!" He yelled "Now everyone please give a warm welcome our guest speaker"
He said as a man walked into the stage.

"Good morning everyone. today I will be talking to you about sexual assault. Can anyone tell me what sexual assault is?" He asked and no one answered until some idiot yelled out "RAPE" and many people started laughing.

I could tell Alison was getting more uncomfortable with this and I was starting to feel really bad for her. I looked at the other girls and their expression matched mine.

We didn't say anything because we didn't want to make her feel even more uncomfortable than she already is.

"Whoever said that is right. Rape is sexual assault and I'm here to share other people's experiences of this anonymously. "

"We have asked victims around the nation for their experiences because we hope that with telling you this it would encourage you to speak up. So I will start with reading you the first story on one of these cards, and you tell me about how you feel about them."

I looked at Alison again and she was getting worse.

"Alright so to begin," the man said reading one of the cards.

"I was raped. I was hiding I was scared and I trusted people I shouldn't have trusted. he took me into his hiding place and let me use his things. I trusted him but I shouldn't have.

One day I caught his friend leaving with all my stuff. I didn't know who he was, so I tried to stop him but he was stronger than me. He pushed me onto the floor and you could guess what happened next. He raped me. when I tried to fight back he grabbed the nearest object to him and he stabbed me. the saddest part is I never saw his face. he was wearing a mask." the man read.

"And this story only has the name 'A' so thank you 'A' for sharing your story with us."

I looked over at Alison and she was crying so hard. I knew immediately that this happened to her and so did the other girls.

"Ali just breath." I said trying to comfort her. A is such a bitch sometimes.

"I can't I need to go to the bathroom." she said running out of the auditorium making teachers look worried.

"Should we go after her?" Emily asked

"I'll go" I said getting up and running to go find Ali.