Chapter Eight

"Why is it too late Dawn? I mean for fucks sake we dated for almost a year and now what? You can't give me a few minutes to even explain myself."

I couldn't be more annoyed in this situation. "I would have given you the time the day you decided to end things but you, not me, you decided that leaving me with a bullshit excuse saying 'it's best for the summer'. Like really Caleb seriously if I were to have said that to you, we both know what would have happened."

Whatever he was about to say, he didn't. Caleb had a frozen look on his face which was also one I couldn't read, I could never read his face. 

"Listen maybe it would be best if you left, we honestly in my opinion have nothing left to talk about. I know you drove in your car, but Taylor will find a ride home I promise I just can't have you here." Now we wait for his response.

"Okay," 

Okay? That was it? No fighting, arguing, telling me I'm wrong. Just Okay?

"What?" I respond with a questionable look on my face. He has never been the person to give up so easily.

"If that's what you want Dawn I'll leave, but only because it's what you want and I care about that." 

Rolling my eyes "If you cared about what I wanted you wouldn't have been such a dick this past month or honestly this whole relationship. So yes I want you to leave, actually, I would love it if you left." Dick.

"Okay Dawn, I get it you don't want to see me, but maybe when you're ready we could be friends or more again?" 

"Okay, Caleb if I tell you that maybe we could be friends again will you leave?" I knew I wasn't going to be friends with him again, it would just leave a bad taste in my mouth and I've had enough of those for a lifetime.

"Yeah, okay then I'll leave, but thank you for hearing me out at least." 

...

Eventually, he slowly left saying to call him if I needed anything, but we all know he didn't mean just anything. 

I made my way out to see some of Belly's debutante friends had decided to drop by while also seeing Jeremiah with his Dad. I had heard that he was going to stop by and knew how touchy of a subject it was to Conrad.

I found myself wondering looking for him to see him standing by a garden Susanna had been working on. "Hey, there you are I was wondering where you ended up," I spoke smiling while walking into his view.

"Hmm," He murmured with an expression of annoyance. Did I do something?

"Is something wrong Con?" 

"Nope, why don't you go run off with your boyfriend he probably misses you." He has to be joking. He's joking, right?

'What?" I stated with a questioned look.

Facing me he looked me up and down while saying "Well you sent me off to have some alone time with him, I'm guessing you forgave him, because why wouldn't you?" 

Oh, he isn't joking.

"Conrad, I didn't forgive him because oh I don't know I have standards? What the hell is your problem?" I quietly yelled so as to not let anyone hear our conversation. 

"It didn't seem that way to me." He snapped back at me while looking around to make sure no one heard him.

"Conrad, I have stepped over your toes all month because of your mom, but you can't sit here and treat me this way. I won't allow it. I get it Con, I wouldn't wish my worst enemy anything that you are going through, but taking your anger out on other people isn't going to cure her." His face turned from annoyed to stone.

Pulling his hair he looked as though he was going to say something but decide to keep his mouth shut and walk toward the party as if nothing happened. 

If he wants to pretend like he's okay in front of the people, okay I'll let him. But he can't hide from the truth forever.

...

Jere and I were playing Corn hole when his dad walked over and asked to play, seeing Jeremiah's face light up I decided to give them some father bonding time and make my way to the beach where Belly had said she would be with Cam.

When I was in bird's eye view all I could hear was "Dawn!" being yelled from a distance and I immediately knew who it was. 

Eventually, I reached to where I big group of people my age where I recognized some of Belly's friends and Steven's new girlfriend who he introduced me to right after my fight with Conrad, Smiling I took a seat next to Belly and Cam who happened to be sitting right across from Conrad.

It didn't take long to realize Belly had been drinking until she handed me something that looked like a margarita but on crack and said "Here take a sip it's soooooo good." Yep, she was drunk all right.

Grabbing the drink from her hand I decided to take a sip, and well anyone with eyes could tell by my face, that it was not good. I never liked my alcohol to be sweet, and if you were to tell me this didn't have any alcohol I would believe you. 

"Jeez Bell's you like this," I whispered to her, a slight laugh in my voice. 

"Yeah it's amazingggg Dawn, but guys we should play a drinking game wouldn't that be fun?" 

Oh no.

...

The drinking game was actually fun, surprisingly. But if I was being honest I think I was drinking so much that I just convinced myself it was fun. Everyone was smiling and having a good time, well actually not everyone. Conrad had a sour look on his face the entire time. This one girl who I had never seen kept asking if she and Conrad could leave, I was surprised at the fact he kept turning her down being as though she was gorgeous. 

But no, he stood his ground and kept saying 'let's just keep playing'.

Bold for someone that wasn't even playing, to begin with.

-

To be continued... lol I'm joking kinda Ill update either today or tomorrow.

But anyway thank you guys for 9k reads! That's insane<3

Again like always please keep commenting and hitting that heart button so I know you are liking this story, and so I will keep updating!