First Date

Neta is very awkward. How did he even manage to set this date up without passing out...who knows.

-------------------

You stood in the park fiddling with your phone. You'd told Neta to pick you up here instead of your house. Not that you thought he was the murdering type, but better safe than sorry. You looked up when you heard a car stop nearby.

Neta popped up from the driver's side of the car and stared at you for a moment before making his way over to you. He was dressed slightly more casual than usual, but still made you feel underdressed.

"You should've told me I needed to dress up." You looked down at your outfit, but Neta immediately shook his head.

"Oh no no, you're perfect! I mean, the clothes are...I mean..." He tripped over his own words and you couldn't help but laugh. He looked away, his ears flushing red. "I just mean you look great."

"Thank you. You look very handsome yourself." You smiled and he stammered out a 'thank you'.

"Well, I guess we should get g-going then." Neta motioned to his car, and you followed him to it. He opened the door for you and you slid inside.

"So what's the plan for tonight? I don't think you mentioned it before." You questioned Neta as he got into the car.

"Oh right. I was thinking dinner at an Indian restaurant. I hope that's okay. I know it's a little late for dinner. Since this was all kind of last minute, I had a hard time finding a reservation." He glanced at you apprehensively.

"That sounds perfect. I can't wait to try it." You reassured him and he relaxed slightly. He started to drive and you glanced down at your phone again.

You still hadn't heard anything from Evi in hours. It was hard not to worry about her knowing how much she liked to downplay things. You scrolled through the messages again.

"Hopefully it's a good restaurant. Since I just moved here I don't really know what the best places to go are yet." He laughed awkwardly. "M-maybe you can help me with that." He chewed his lip, glancing at you again.

You looked back through Evi's messages, trying to will a new message to appear. You sent her another one asking how she's feeling but it stayed on delivered. Your finger tapped anxiously against the side of the phone.

"Um...Y/N. S-sorry if I'm boring you already." Neta mumbled, and your attention was pulled out of your phone. You hadn't even realized he'd been speaking to you.

"I'm so sorry, Neta. I'm just a little distracted." You felt awful for ignoring him and right at the start of the date.

"Is everything okay?" He asked and you stared down at your phone again.

"It's just my friend, the girl I work with. She called out sick today and I haven't been able to get in touch with her, so I'm just a little worried." You sighed, checking the messages again. You startled as Neta quickly slowed the car and pulled over, putting it in park.

"Does she live nearby? Do you want to check on her?" He turned to you, his eyebrows knit together.

"W-well...she lives a few minutes away. I don't want to ruin our date though. It's okay, really." You smiled, but he shook his head.

"If you're worried, then you should check on her. We can always go out another time...if you want to. Your friend should come first." Neta didn't look like he was going to take no for an answer and you honestly felt relieved. As much as you wanted to go on the date, you knew you wouldn't be able to fully enjoy it tonight.