Reason nine ; II

DAYS PASSED, time slowly dragging past you as you stayed sheltered in the safety of your bedroom. Each moment was eerily quiet; Erwin had abruptly declined for you to partake in expeditions for reasons you weren't sure of - leaving you barely able to speak with the people that you were closest with.

He told you that he would explain why as soon as possible.

Your back was pressed against the wallpaper behind you, your hands clasped around a letter Erwin had given you in an awkward rush in the hallway: it stated you needed to meet with him for a formal meeting upstairs at exactly 12 o'clock that afternoon. You traced your finger down the edge of the paper.

Most of your closest friends were forced into time-stealing tasks; Erwin was forced into endless paperwork and meetings about the infiltration in Trost; Levi was ordered to keep a watchful stare on the Cadet 'Eren Yaeger' - a new name with infamous connotations.

You hadn't been on a date with Captain Levi yet; you longed to see him, but the universe seemed to find amusement in filling both of your schedules to bring you apart.

Even when he was just meters away, meetings and expeditions would force you to turn the other way.

The clock finally struck twelve as you slowly stood, feeling an ache in the back of your knees from staying in the same spot for so long.

You dusted off your clothes, before reluctantly beginning to leave for the meeting room just up the stairs.

𖡼.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

With a single knock, you allowed yourself into the large room, being greeted by three Scouts and a member of the Military Police sat long a narrow table: the only people you recognised being Erwin and Pixis.

You swallowed at the sight, watching Erwin's head reluctantly lift at the sight of you; his eyes looked sympathetic, which didn't help put you at ease as you wondered what this meeting was about.

"Y/N," He spoke, "Please.. make yourself comfortable. This shouldn't take long."

You nodded calmly, doing as he said as you say opposed to the three men; you placed your hands against the fabric of your shirt, fidgeting anxiously with your fingertips.

"Good afternoon," Pixis began, handing the Military Police member some documents with your name plastered on the front, "How are you?"

"Fine." You replied, your eyes glued to the stranger as his eyes drifted along your personal details; you felt anxious knowing that he was reading about you, whilst you knew nothing about him.

The strangers index finger finger traced against the ebony writing as his head perked, yet his eyes stayed shamelessly glued to the paper, "Your name is Y/N Zachary, correct?"

Your eyes widened.

Erwin leaned over, "Y/N L/N." He demanded in a cold tone, "It's L/N: she changed her surname."

The Military Police member furrowed his brows, "Really?"

You nodded, "Yes."

"Legally?" He added, watching your expression begin to turn into an uncomfortable glare, "This is just for my record."

Pixis cleared his throat, gently nudging you with his foot, "The Officer is only here to make notes and go through any and all information with you: there's nothing that you need to hide."

"Well-.. Yes, I changed my name legally."

"Thankyou." A few moments passed, as he made a few adjustments to the files he'd received, "Birth date?"

You told him your birth date; his questions soon carried on, hearing him follow on with where you were born, your mothers maiden name and your current accommodation. After about five minutes of personal questions, he gave Pixis and Erwin a nod that they were allowed to follow through with the meeting.

Erwin sighed, his fingers beginning to rub the sore spot of his neck.

Pixis nodded, able to taste the man's anxiety as he offered you a calm smile, "As you know, last Friday, the wall was breached once more by the Colossal Titan."

"I'm aware."

"Similarly to five years ago, the wall was infiltrated by both the Colossal and the Armoured titan, as we'll refer to them." The older man carried on, "Many lives were lost during both of these tragedies; and worse, the vast majority were civilians, not Soldiers. There have also been more sightings of abnormals over the past month: a great amount - it broke records, with vast amounts congregating out of almost thin air in areas that we've never seen."

"I don't understand where this is going."

"Y/N." Erwin finally broke his silence, "You're being stationed with Lord Wald again."