9.

Chapter 9

"So we have to finish this quickly~"

The blonde was standing and for a few good minutes he was watching his old sensei talking with his children. Menma told his uncle the things that had happened recently with great enthusiasm. How they spent their days, how great their mother cooks, how they had fun with Sarada and Boruto. Saruto was sitting next to him, smiling at the man, and little Minato was sitting on his brother's lap, cuddling up. Silver-haired man was surprised at first, but when he started talking, he listened more, because they did not let him come to a word too much, but when they let him sit in silence they listened carefully, he understood and noticed their resemblance to their parents.

He sat relaxed feeling as if he was talking to a young blonde, he had to admit their company was more enjoyable than Boruto. He had nothing against him, but despite how much he looked like his father, he was... it was hard for him to name it. Maybe he was just too anxious to let his father devote his time to him? Kakashi really didn't know how to say it.

'I've never, never seen him so happy.' he thought, smiling to himself. True, his foster brother rarely showed his smile, hardly ever because of the mask, and now he sat without a mask on his face, smiling from ear to ear, tears of happiness wiped from his face long ago. When Naruto saw that the man was crying, he was slightly scared, he calmed down only when Kakashi hugged him and thanked him.

The blonde couldn't stop smiling. He was happy that his sons accepted their uncle, just as both they and Boruto and Sarada accepted each other as siblings. Everything was going for the right, but one more thing remained. The surprise he had been preparing for years was what reminded him to call someone. Not wanting to disturb this interesting conversation, he quietly left the house.

With a serious expression on his face, he stood in front of the house, staring at the phone screen, looking for a contact to a person where hardly anyone would have thought that he had any contact with this person. 'You'd better pick it up,' he thought as he put the device to his ear, he didn't have to wait long for the person on the other side to speak. "Hello?" the blonde heard a male voice and its corners rose slightly. "You're lucky you picked up." he said, smiling slightly, not a friendly smile, certainly not an eye-catcher. "Ah, Naruto-kun! What you need?" the man's tone changed to a much more pleasant and friendly tone for the ear. "I heard from a credible-" was not given to him to finish, it did not interest the blonde. "Are you finished?" he asked with no emotion in his voice, he didn't feel like chatting. "Almosst, but if you allow" he made a short break waiting for a possible disapproval from the blonde. "Why are you doing this?" he asked without hearing any indication, so as not to drill.

There was a silence, the blonde part wanted to tell him, in the end it was he who had to do all the work, not that it bothered him. However, he chose to leave it to himself, priorities changed, and so did the reason for the endeavor. "I don't have to explain to you, much less reveal my plaintiffs." he answered after a moment, only he heard a soft laugh, a sign that the man understood that he would not find out anyway, no matter how many times he asked. "Don't forget, tell just one person and you'll be dead. No matter how much you want to hide it, remember that I am keeping an eye on you." 'He was completely serious, there was a reason why he let his cousin stay with this psychopath. He wasn't going to hold back, he wasn't joking, he had long stopped. "I will take care of it myself." his tone was cold and unbearable, he stopped sticking out, acting like an idiot. "I know."

"Good and finally come back home, or at least visit boys, they asked about you." he already said in a completely different tone. Sometimes they wondered if the blonde had a split personality or something like that because of how quickly his attitude changed, but they never got there. "Don't worry, we'll be there soon." he said thus ending the conversation. The blonde just laughed and put the phone in his pocket. "Old man, we have to go back! You still need to pack! " he shouted as he walked back into the house.

At the same time, somewhere in a completely different part of the island, in an underground hideout, stood a black-haired snake-man staring at the phone. The man had long black hair tied in a loose braid, his complexion was white, and under his eyes were two purple fangs. He was dressed in a pale blue kimono buttoned above the navel, reaching slightly below the waist with the rear part reaching the knees. Plus he wore dark blue ankle-length pants.

"Aww, he didn't tell me again." he said with an artificial sadness as he looked at the contact's name. From the very beginning, he tried to find out what was the purpose of this undertaking, the experiment. The blonde did not like him much, and yet he entrusted him with something so... interesting and dangerous. "Well," he began by putting the device in his pocket after turning it off. "Time to go back to work, isn't it Karin-chan?" he said looking with his yellow eyes at the red-haired woman leaning against the wall.

At what the snake-like-man called her, the woman snorted and looked away. "Damn snake." The man did not feel offended, he was used to the way he was treated by the red-haired girl and her blonde cousin. The woman wore a black short skirt and a white blouse with an elbow length collar. The whole thing was decorated with a light green sash hanging freely on both sides of the shoulders. She had her red hair tied in a ponytail, and her bangs were combed in such a way that it did not overlap her red eyes. "Still, I think I know why he wants me to do it." he said after a long pause, turning his gaze to the strange glass capsule.

"And you were offended when he wouldn't tell you." she said with a mocking smile, remembering how he had behaved at the beginning, when the blond man refused to explain to him. Over time, the man asked less often, on better occasions, in his opinion. Often the question sounded more playful, because he knew that the blonde probably wouldn't tell him anything anyway. "Anyway ~" the red-haired woman's smile faded as she heard the man try to change the subject. She had to admit that the snake was fucking irritating her. "The boys asked about us." He said, drawing the woman's attention. "So we have to finish this quickly~"

They both looked at the strange glass capsule-like thing. The capsule was filled with a slightly blue liquid, all kinds of cables were connected to it, carrying various substances and agents inside. All this to bring back the life of a man whose life was not simple and did not last long. The body, locked inside, was floating freely.

Little did they know then that the black-haired Uchiha would soon be joining their journey home.