13.

Chapter 13

"Mistakes"

The blonde stood staring in disbelief at the image of a happy family that was shown before him. He couldn't believe his wife could do this to him. 'Hinata...' was unable to speak, did not move, did not even blink. He could feel tears running down his cheeks and all he could think of was a woman who had turned out to be false, as false as his first lover.

It looked as if the blonde was in a kind of trance, a trance he quickly broke out of when he realized that his daughter was with him. He wiped his tears and hugged the girl tightly against him, turning her head so that she would not have to look at it any longer and he went home, did not stop even for a moment, did not turn around. The only thing he could think of at any given moment was his daughter. He felt bad, just two weeks ago, she discovered that her parents are not entirely honest with them, that her father is having children with someone else. Now something like this? He didn't want to think about how the little girl, in his arms, must have felt.

When they got home, Himawari burst into tears. It was as if she was holding off all this time, so as not to cause unnecessary confusion when her father wanted to get home as soon as possible. The blonde sat on the floor and waited for the girl to calm down a bit, all the time hugging her and stroking her head. He didn't whisper any words to help her, just waited for her to cry out.

When she finished, the little girl was so tired that she fell asleep almost immediately. Naruto picked her up and carefully carried her to her room. He set her down on the bed. "You should rest, Hima-chan." he said, kissing the girl on the forehead. "Take a nap, okay?" he said, getting a nod in confirmation. He smiled gently and was about to leave when the girl grabbed his orange sweatshirt. "Can... Can you stay until I fall asleep?" she asked shyly, hoping that the man would agree. Naruto smiled at his daughter and put a chair next to her desk, standing next to him, he said. "But before, how about a replacement?" Himawari did not know what the blond meant, but a moment later she slept wearing his orange sweatshirt, which was much too big for her.

The sight of the sleeping girl calmed the man down. 'I can't imagine what you must have felt, sweetheart,' he thought, looking worried at the child, his sons didn't know, his wife didn't know he found out. He knew they were going to have a difficult conversation, especially when they had to explain it to the children and come up with the best solution together. A woman's voice from the hall broke him out of his mind. "I'm back!"

"Good to know." He said as he went downstairs. Judging by the woman's face, she was not expecting him at home. "Maybe we'll go to the living room, I need to explain something with you." he gave the violet-haired woman a cool look as he passed her. Hinata was sitting on the couch, while Naruto stood in front of him staring at the woman, they were surrounded by silence. "Where were you?" he asked finally, breaking the persistent silence. Violet-eye woman, slightly surprised by the question, did not know what to answer. "I-I had an appointment with Ino and Sakura." her voice trembled slightly, the blonde did not take his eyes off her, normally she would be happy about it, but not in the current situation. While the two adults were talking, Himawri descended sleepily, awakened by the absence of her father by her side. When she noticed that her parents were talking about something in the living room, she approached cautiously and hid. She knew eavesdropping was bad, but she was curious.

"Oh? May I ask for what purpose?" She felt insecure, she had the feeling that nothing good would come out of this conversation. 'Would he... would he know?' She thought, looking shyly at his face. "Just a girl's outing, we took a walk, talked and stuff." she looked away, she could not stand the pressure of the blonde's gaze.