Chapter 34

Ava got back to her photography job that Monday while Happy arrived back at the clubhouse ready to hear of any news that may have happened while he was away. Jax was the first to greet him back. When the assassin asked if anything had happened while he was gone, Jax quickly told him it had been quiet on all fronts and everything was going good. It eased Happy's mind to know things were still as they should be even in his absence. Her coworkers welcomed her back and noted how tan she looked making her laugh and thank them. They spent the majority of their time outside so it was no surprise she was a little tanner than she had been. He was naturally tan so being out the sun like they were didn't seem to affect him like it did her.

"Hey man, good to see you back. How was the vacation?" Tig asked when he noted Happy had returned.

"Alright I guess. She seemed to enjoy herself so that's all that matters." Happy grunted before waving the prospect over for a beer.

"You didn't have a good time?" Bobby inquired.

"I should have been here. Something could have happened while we were gone." Happy stated.

"But it didn't. We were fine. I promise." Jax told him as he got in on the conversation.

"Oh, the in-laws want all six of us over for dinner tomorrow night." Tig informed the assassin earning a simple head nod in return.

Happy never had much problem with his in-laws. They seemed to overlook the fact that he was an outlaw and had been to prison before. They didn't look down on him for being covered in tattoos or in the local MC. All they really cared about was how he treated their daughter. Ryu even had him teaching him some about riding motorcycles which Happy found hysterical. He couldn't see his father-in-law riding a Harley. Regardless, he told Ryu all he wanted to know. If he truly wanted to ride, Happy wanted his father-in-law to have all the proper information he could. Gemma came in to get all the bikers back to work. She welcomed Happy back but got him working with Juice on getting a couple repos done.

The following evening, each couple arrived minutes apart from one another at their parents' place. Massika greeted her daughters with tight hugs. The girls followed their mother into the kitchen to help with dinner prep while the men entered the living room where Ryu was sitting reading the newspaper. He greeted each man with a handshake and told them to get comfortable. He asked how they were all doing and each replied that they were doing quite well. Ryu just nodded silently. Ava was setting the elongated table while Elise was filling glasses with ice for tea. Remi was starting to bring pots to the dinner table for her mother. When everything was ready, Massika called the group to dinner.

Tig was the first to tell her how good everything looked and smelled earning a similar statement from Chibs and a head nod from Happy. Platters and bowls were passed around so everyone could get a little of this and a little of that. Remi thanked her mother for having them over that evening earning a head nod from her sisters making Massika shake her head and tell her that it was their pleasure to host them all together. Most of the time, they hosted one couple at a time. Dinner was going good until Ryu asked how everyone had enjoyed their vacation. Elise looked over at Chibs who just looked back at her.

"Well, uh, Chibs and I have decided at some point we want children." Elise stuttered.

"Really?" Massika excitedly exclaimed.

"Yes, really." Elise chuckled.

"When are you going to make me a Grandmother?" She asked.

"Well mom, we kind of need to start trying first. Not sure when this will happen but we're hoping it'll be a natural kind of ordeal." Elise stated making her sisters giggle at the underlying statement.