Part 4: Hard Trial Number 2 and 3

I make it to Royal Avenue where the Battle Royal Dome is. The way this works is really stupid because if its a battle royal then why only one person has to knocked out. What about everybody else. Anyways I make it inside where Hau, Gladion, the Masked Royal who is totally not Kukui and it's time for a Battle Royal. That was really easy seeming as everyone just ganged up on Kukui.

On Route 7 I caught a Tentacool I name Thing because I don't have any ideas. I decide to box it because with this nature it will probably die to one Brick Break for Marowak anyway. I also catch a Salandit who I name Useless because it's male. However, it also has Dragon Rage so I guess it's not totally useless. I decide to replace it with Pillow and grind the team up a little bit. That was a bad idea. Useless died to a 1HP Flail from a Fletchling. I guess he really was meant to be useless. Thats the first death of this entire run but it wasn't really all that bad although Dragon Rage could've been pretty useful against the Totem. I decide to replace it with Thing just because I want backup for this Totem fight. 

Now it's time for the trial where you have to try and memorize dance moves. I don't think it matters if you get them right or wrong because your going to fight the same Pokemon anyways. The Marowak and Magmar go down to a Crunch and Aqua Jet from Bazz but now it's time for the Totem battle.

I lead with a pre-damaged Bazz who actually outspeeds hitting an Aqua Tail to make it go to half while Marowak's Brick Break doesn't kill but Bazz. Salazzle also comes out and I hit a Aqua Tail leaving Marowak on  1HP and Salazzle kills it with a Flame Burst. RIP Bazz. I send out Thing who can finish Marowak off with a Acid because Salazzle Tormented and Marowak Detected. Then Toxi can come in and clean up the Salazzle with some Brick Breaks. I honestly thought that trial would be harder.

 I honestly thought that trial would be harder

Kiawe gives me some Quick Balls and Charizard Glide and I add Pillow and Shadoflare back to the team. I also decide to see if I can get any encounters I missed. In Melemele Sea, I accidently kill my Luvdisc encounter but I can't trade that for a Steelix in this game and decimate the entire game so it's fine. In Kala'e Bay Pillow kills my Shellder encounter with a crit Thunder Shock so no new encounter I guess.

On Route 8, Colress and Ultra Recon are having a meeting and I catch a Rattata I name Ratatouille. It has a pretty good Lonely nature but I'm pretty happy with my team so far. I also decided to grind up Pillow and Shadoflare because they missed some levels during the trial.

I make it to the Pokemon Center where Hau forces me into Festival Plaza and do all of the annoying stuff. PSS was way better. Shadoflare also evolved into Haunter. I'm not sure if  should allow trade evolutions or not. If so I would probably do it when my Pokemon are in the mid to late 30's because I don't think a mid 20 level Gengar would be fair.

Now it's time for the grass trial. With a little help from Bulbapedia, I can make it to the Totem Pokemon without having to battle any Pokemon but now it's time for the Totem.

Lurantis gets a Speed buff but for some reason it goes for a X-Scissor and Cha can bring it to half with an Aerial Ace. Comfey comes in next turn. Comfey sets up Sunny Day and now their just spamming Synthesis and Flower Shield while I spam Aerial Ace. I get it to 1 but Comfey then uses Floral Healing and Lurantis  Synthesizes again. I decide to kill Comfey because it was being annoying but Kecleon comes out. Kecleon goes for a Screech and Lurantis Solar Blades killing Cha. RIP Cha. He was one of my best Pokemon and I plans for him for Olivia. I send in Toxi to try and Minimize but Kecleon hits a Screech, Lurantis Solar Blades, then Kecleon Dizzy Punches killing Toxi. RIP Toxi. He was a good mon and Minimize could've gotten me out of many situations to come. I send out Shadoflare who can Curse stall the Lurantis to kill it. I then heal Shadoflare back up and Curse stall the Kecleon. That's probably the hardest Totem battle so far done.

 That's probably the hardest Totem battle so far done

But it didn't come without the losses of two good team members. RIP Cha and Toxi.