Chapter 5: Dig Dug (edited)

[Byers Residents]

Joyce let's Mike and Eleven inside as they see Will at the dinner table, he's sweating profusely and looks extremely nervous and panicked.

Eleven: Will?

Mike: You okay?

Will: No.

Joyce: You can tell them Will.

Will: It's like... It's like I feel what the shadow monster's feeling. See what he's seeing. Like in the Upside Down? Some of him is there. But some of him is here, too.

Mike: Here, like, in this house?

Will: In this house and...in me. It's like... It's like he's reaching into Hawkins more and more. And the more he spreads, the more connected to him I feel. And the more you see these now-memories. At first I just felt it in the back of my head. I didn't even really know it was there. It's like when you have a dream and you can't remember it unless you think really hard. It was like that. But know it's like... Now I remember. I remember all the time. Maybe...

Eleven: Maybe that's good.

Will: Good?

Mike: Just think about it, Will. You're like a spy now. A superspy.

Eleven: Spying on the shadow monster. If you know what he's seeing and feeling...maybe that's how we can stop him. Maybe all of this is happening for a reason.

Will: You really think so?

Mike: Yeah. Yeah, we really do.

Will: What if he figures out
we're spying on him? What if he spies back?

Mike: He won't.

Will: How do you know?

Eleven: We won't let him.

Eleven turns to Joyce as she looks at a pile of drawing laced onto the wall it's like a road or river of some sort.

Joyce: Will says it's vines of some sort in Hawkins but we don't know where or what it is.

Will eyes begin to widen and he breaths heavy.

Mike: Will, what's wrong?

Will: It's Hopper, he's in trouble.

[Pumpkin patch]

Hoppers figured out alot in his time. He's figured out that the lab has been causing the pumpkins to got rotten. He dug from sun up to sun down. When he hits the bottom, his shovel hits a something making a noise. He shines his light down and it shows black gooey vines. Hopper breaks through it and hops down shining his light. He's in a tunnel but not just any tunnel. A tunnel in the Upside Down.

Hopper: Shit.

Hopper walks down the tunnel looking down. The vines look to be moving around him. He stops down while in the tunnel. He looks up to see what looks like a huge pimple. He shines his flashlight on it and it shoots out spores hitting him in the face. He coughs falls over. He remembers the toxins as Brenner explained. Through the coughing the tunnel through making his way down until a vine wraps around his head grabbing him. It pulls him down and the vines start wrapping around his body.

[With Five]

Hopper's lied to him since the beginning. He told the boy he had no mother anymore. Five has already left the cabin and hitched a ride from a truck driver.

Trucker: All right. I think this is it.

Five: Five-one-five Larrabee, right?

Five: Five-fifteen.