I am offered a quest

Percy's POV

The next morning , Chiron moved me to cabin three.

I didn't have to share with anybody. I had plenty of room for all my stuff : the minotaur's horn , one set of spare clothes , and a toiletry bag. I got to sit at my own dinner table , pick all my own activities , call ' lights out ' whenever I feel like it , and not listen to anybody else.

And I was absolutely miserable.

Just when I started to feel accepted , to feel I had a home in cabin eleven and I might be a normal kid - or as normal as you can be when you're a half-blood - I'd been separated out as if I had some rare disease.

Nobody mentioned the hellhound, but I got the feeling that they were talking about it behind my back. The attack had scared everyone. It sent two messages : one, I was the son of the sea god ; two, monsters would stop at nothing to kill me. They could even invade camp that had always been considered safe.

The other campers steered away from me as much as possible. Cabin eleven was too nervous to have sword class with me what me and Helena did to the ares folks in the woods , so my lessons with Luke became one-on-one. He pushed me harder than ever , and wasn't afraid to bruise me up in the process.

But whenever Luke did bruise me , Helena was there to heal me.

" Your going to need all the training you can get , " he promised , as we were working with swords and flaming torches. " Now , let's try that viper-beheading strike again. Fifty more repetitions.

Annabeth still taught me Greek in the morning , but she seemed distracted. Everytime I said something, she scowled at me, as if I just poked her between the eyes.

After lessons, she would walk away muttering to herself : " quest... Poseidon?...dirty rotten...got to make a plan..."

Even clarisse kept her distance , though her venomous looks made it clear she wanted to kill me for breaking her magic spear. I just wished she would yell or punch me or something. I'd rather get into fights everyday than be ignored.

The thing that really bothered me was that whenever me and Helena crossed paths , she looked scared. I don't know why. Her mother was the goddess of night herself. I was gonna have to ask her later.

Helena's POV

I was laying on my bed in cabin eleven. I felt bad for avoiding Percy. But it was necessary. I'm doing the right thing. Then , I heard a voice.

The Oracle.

" You shall go west and face the god who has turned,
You shall find what was stolen and see it safely returned,
You shall be betrayed by the one who calls you friend,
And you shall fail to save the two things that matter most in the end."

I got off the bed and quickly packed for the quest.

Once I was done , I grabbed a sword. It was made out of stygian iron. It wasn't really mine. It was my brother's. I just got because of what annabeth did.

I put the sword in it's sheath and ran out the cabin to the big house.

Time skip

Chiron was talking to Percy. I'm guessing he was the one getting the quest! Why him!?

Calm down Helena. He's probably not the one. Your fine.

Annabeth came out stuffing her Yankees hat in her back pocket. The witch.

Flashback

" Thalia! Alex! Let me go!"

A seven year old girl with black hair and blue eyes was getting held back by a blonde girl with gray eyes.

" Helena, you have to let this happen. It to save Thalia." Whispered the blonde girl.

Flashback end

Chiron said something about taking me on the quest. I came out and said, " I'm ready!"

Percy looked surprised." How long have you been there!?"

" You'll never know, seashell."

Now Percy looked confused." Seashell?"

" Yeah. What about it?"

" Why are you calling me that?"

" You remind me of the ocean. And the thing that reminds me of the ocean is a seashell."

" Oh."

Then we turned to chiron and Percy said , " this'll work."

" Excellent," Chiron said. " This afternoon, we can take you as far as the bus terminal Manhattan. After that, you are on your own."

Lightning flashed. Rain poured down on the meadows that were never supposed to have violent weather.

" No time to waste," Chiron said. " I think you should all get packing.