Ares pays a visit

Helena's POV

" I can't believe they left us!" I yelled. Matthew was trying to calm me down. Why would they leave us?!

🔹🔹🔹

After me and Matthew left the emporium, we decided that they probably don't need us. So, we're going back to camp.

Until, a biker stopped us. Today wasn't my Day! " Look! I don't think you know who I am but I swear to all the gods , I will throw you in Tartarus if I must!"

The biker took off his helmet and I noticed something. Red eyes. Ares!

He looked down at me and laughed. " Like you would do that."

I froze in place. Matthew looked like he was going to pass out. " Lord Ares, I apologize. Me and my friend were just going to camp half-blood," I said.

" I need to speak with you. Privately."

🔹🔹🔹

" What can I do for you?"

Ares red eyes looked at me. " Something a god doesn't have time to do himself. It's nothing much. I left my shield at an abandoned here in town. I was going on a little...date with my girlfriend. We were interrupted. I left my shield behind. I want you to fetch it for me."

I looked at him as if he was a hydra. " I'm not a dog. I'll only do this if you can guarantee my other friends will be there."

He gave me a smirk. " I'll see what I can do."

" Swear it on the River Styx."

This caught him off guard but he complied. Me and Matthew went to go get the shield.