Chapter 45

"Los Angeles?" Nico said looking to the Murdock's.
"I have a home there, it has 14 bedrooms so you'd be able to stay on the property as well. It's also closeish to a marina."
Max and Henry looked at each other.
"Sure." Max said looking back at Nico.

"Alright, well I'll speak with the captain after breakfast and we will get underway. I've also called one of my friends as added security, he will be arriving with some of my other men."
I looked to Nico as he looked to me.
"I need to make sure you're safe." He said, I nodded and looked down.

The drinks were brought out and the food followed shortly after. I sat back and sipped my coffee. Nico looked to me then quickly grabbed my plate throwing some food on it. I looked to him as he put it in front of me.
"I know you're capable of looking after yourself but I just want to make sure you eat." Nico said gently touching my arm.
"Thanks." I whispered, looking down.

We ate the food quickly and there was general conversation about the trip and the new house.

***

I pushed my chair back and stood up.
"I need to go run or something." I said pushing my chair back in. Nico and Kevin watched me closely, as did Max and Henry.
"You okay?" Nico asked also standing, I nodded my head to him and walked through the doors and to the bedroom.

I quickly changed into a different sports bra, shorts and pulled my shoes on.
There was a knock at the door.
"Yeah." I called out, finishing tying my shoe.
Nico walked into the room followed by Kevin. I stood up and looked to them.
"How are you feeling about the plan?" Nico asked standing in front of me.
I looked to Kevin then back to Nico.
"Fine."
Nico nodded.
"Are you okay sharing a room with me when we get to Los Angeles?" He asked.
"I guess." I replied looking up to him, Nico frowned slightly.
"Sorry Nico. I'm happy to share the room with you. I'm just kinda over feeling threatened. Like I just want to live, I don't want to have to worry about my safety, or worry about being taken away. I just want to be me." I said standing and stepping forward and touching Nico's arm.
He nodded.

"I'm sorry. I can't even begin to imagine the pressure." He said pulling me into a hug. I buried my head in his chest.
"I want to stay with you guys." I whispered, I felt Nico squeeze me tighter.

I stepped back and looked at Kevin. He looked down at me. I stepped forward and hugged him. He hugged me back tightly.

"Anna, I promise you'll be safe where we are going. You'll have us, and the Murdock's there. Like I said, I've also called in an old friend who's agreed to work security for us." Nico said sitting on the bed and looking at me. I nodded.

"Okay. I'm gonna go run for a bit." I said pulling away and walking to the door. Nico nodded.

I walked to the lift and pressed down before entering the gym. I walked to the cupboard and grabbed ear pieces and another water bottle. The room appeared empty.
I put the ear pieces in and stood on the treadmill, programming in the run I wanted to do.

I could hear some noise behind me, and I turned to look. Henry got out the lift and walked into the room. Stopping when he saw me.
"Hey Anna." He said gently. I rolled my eyes and turned around, pressing the start button and turning up my music.

Henry moved to the weight bench beside me and began loading plates onto the bar. I looked straight forward. Hoping to avoid catching his eye. Henry removed his shirt and I looked down quickly, pretending to look at the monitor.
Henry had several bruises over his body, matching with the small cuts on his face.

I pressed pause on my music but continued running.
"Why'd you do it Henry?" I asked panting, looking to the side at him. He put one arm against the weight machine and looked at me, his other hand resting on his hip.

"I didn't realise seeing you with another man would make me this jealous."
"He literally just touched my hand." I said pausing the treadmill and pulling the ear pieces out my ears.
"Henry, I'm not a possession." I said stepping towards him. He nodded and looked down.
"I know. I just hoped that if you'd have stayed with me you'd end up having the same feeling for me as I do you."
I shook my head.
"I think that was supposed to be a decision that I would make for myself." Henry reached forward and gently touched my stomach where the bruise was.

"I'm so sorry for hurting you Anna. I regret everything that has happened."
I looked to the side as one of Henry's hands encircled my waist gently pulling me into him.
"I really have missed you." He said gently, wrapping his arms around me. I sighed and closed my arms around his waist.
"I'd missed you too." I whispered, putting my head to the side against his chest. As much as I hated to admit it, I had liked Henry.

I heard the lift begin to move and I quickly pulled away from Henry and moved back to the treadmill and pressing start.
Henry resumed putting plates onto the bar and looked to the lift as it opened.

"Uh. hi." Nico said awkwardly. I pressed pause again and turned to look at him.
"Anna, Henry." Nico said walking forward and grabbing a towel.
"Hey Nico." I said stepping off the treadmill and grabbing my water bottle. Taking a quick sip and walking back onto it and pressing start.
The lift chimed again and Kevin and Ford walked out with Erik and Max.
There was tension in the air.

"Anna you shouldn't be doing exercise until you've been cleared of internal injuries." Erik scolded walking up to me and pressing the stop button. He gently grabbed my waist and lifted me so I was off the treadmill.
"No exercise." He said again stepping in closer to me. I nodded my head and looked down.
"I'm going to sit in the steam room, Anna, do you want to join?" Nico asked pulling off his shirt and throwing it onto the bench.
"Yeah." I replied following Nico and removing my shoes. Kevin walked in and opened the door. Nico stepped in and I followed. Kevin pulled his shirt off and walked in behind me.

I sat down and closed my eyes, leaning back against the wall.
"Everything okay?" Nico asked moving closer to me. I nodded, keeping my eyes closed.
"When are the others getting back?" I asked opening my eyes and looking at him.
"Soon. I received word that the helicopter had left and was on its way." I nodded and leant my head on Nico's shoulder briefly.
"Anna do you feel safe around Henry?" Kevin asked beside me. I looked to him and nodded slightly.
"I guess. I'm a bit apprehensive now though seeing what he's capable of." I looked down. Kevin grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"It'll be weird having them at the house." Kevin said looking to Nico. He nodded.
"They'll be fine." I whispered looking to Nico. His wounds were undressed and looked sore.
Nico smiled at me and nodded, leaning back.

***

I stepped into the shower and let the water run over me. I rubbed my eyes gingerly and looked up. The steam was thick and it fogged the room. I quickly washed my body and stepped out and wrapped a towel around me.

There was a knock at the door. I walked to it and opened it, looking out at Nico who stood by the door.
"The helicopter has landed. When you're dressed I'll introduce you to them." He said quickly. I nodded and closed the door. I pulled on a bikini and a cover up.
I walked out the door and looked at Nico. He was laying on the bed.

When I walked out he stood up and walked to me.
"You look great." He said pulling me into a hug. I buried my head in his chest. Loving the feeling of his warmth.
"Nico." I said pulling away and looking at him. He looked down at me, his arms around my waist still.
"I know I'm part of the agreement that your dad had with mine. The arranged marriage." I paused, wondering how to word what I wanted to get out without causing offence.
"Is that something you want to do?" I asked looking up at him. Nico's eyes searched my face, he gently pulled me into him more.
"Yeah I think it is." He whispered to me.