Chapter 4

I could hear Ryan chuckling slightly behind me.
"God they're going to be so mad when they find out what you've done. Why'd they pay so much for you huh?"
"Shut up!" I snapped, straining myself to try to hear more of the conversations.

Suddenly, the van was struck, sending me flying into the side of it. I cried out as I hit the side and fell onto the floor. I gasped, winded. Within seconds, the doors were ripped open and two men grabbed me. I was gasping for breath when they pulled me out of the van and onto the bonnet of another car. I was laying on my stomach with my feet no longer on the ground. I spun my head to the side and stared at the man in front of me, who was using his left hand to hold my wrist and his right hand was pressing on my shoulder. He had dark hazel eyes, black hair and a thick black rune like tattoo on his neck.

I grit my teeth and spun my head the other way, to look at the other man who was holding me like the first one but with reversed hands. He had short brown hair and brown eyes.
"Why'd you lock my brother in the cage." He chastised, crouching down slightly so that I could see him better. I froze. Brother? I took a sharp intake of breath, terrified. I tried desperately kicking my legs but it did nothing.

I screamed. The sound of my screams bouncing back off the bonnet of the car and into my ear deafened me slightly. The men holding me pulled me back up, but I didn't stop screaming.

"Help! Somebody help me!" I managed to get out before another new man ran forward and smothered my mouth with his hand, his other hand went to the back of my head to hold me still. Ever so slightly he nudged over the area I had injured before, and the dried blood that was there chipped away. I could feel the heat of fresh blood on my head before anyone else even registered. I stared forward at him. He pulled himself closer to me and matched my stare.

"Shut up. You've caused enough attention to be brought to you as is. We do not need any more." I shook my head and tried pulling away. The two men holding my arms pulled themselves closer into my body, restricting any and all movements. They pulled me up slightly so that my feet were no longer on the ground.

Tears welled in my eyes as I looked behind the man in front of me. The reality hit me like a tonne of bricks. Behind the man were two of the most violent organised crime bosses known to the world. If it wasn't for the two men either side of me holding me up and suspending me between them, my knees would have given out.

"What's the matter princess? Truth dawned on you?" The man in front of me said mockingly. My eyes flickered to his green ones.
"No more screaming. I'm down for it in the bedroom, just not right now. Okay?" He smirked at me before gently moving his hand away from my mouth.

I shook my head, tears rolling down my cheeks as I stared past him as they began making their way over to me.
"They'll kill me." I whispered, feeling my body shake more the closer they got.

Within seconds they were standing in front of us. Staring at me. Tears freely flowed down my cheeks and neck. I tried to keep a brave face but my bottom lip began to tremble.

"Miss Taylor. It's nice to see you again after all these years. You've grown into quite the... exquisite young woman." The one I knew to be Henry said, his British accent somewhat peaking through his words.

"Or do we get to call you Anna now?" The other one, Max said, stepping forward and tapping the guy in front of me on the shoulder who moved out of the way. He stepped aside, but paused when he saw the blood on his hand from the back of my head.

I shook my head at the men in front of me. Taking a deep breath, I was ready to give them what they weren't expecting, my attitude, but more so it was bravado and a brave face.
"I mean, kidnapping me? Probably not going to go down too well with my father." I snapped, giving each of them daggers, finally gathering enough courage to say something without crying. Max's face didn't change, his body offered no reaction.
"Them's fighting words." Max mocked.
Whereas Henry visibly relaxed. He smiled and laughed, shaking his head. Oh God no.

"You honestly don't know do you?" He paused, staring at me before starting again. My face must have said it all.
"Alright. Your father sold you."

My breath caught in my throat. "He what?" I whispered, failing to get anything out louder than just a whisper.

Henry paused his pacing. "He honestly didn't tell you?" His face feigned concern for a second before he started again. "Your father put you up for auction, offered you to all the families, and others. He sold you to the highest bidder."

Tears ran down my cheeks again. I shook my head, whatever fight and defiance I had left my body. Max nodded his head and the men either side of me gently lowered me back to my feet. The man with the tattoo on his neck didn't let go of my arm, and stood there gently holding it. The other turned and walked towards the van, freeing Ryan from the cage.

"He....." I couldn't find the words.
"He sold me to... to you!" I looked to Henry for anything, he simply nodded.
"Be thankful it was us and not some of the others who attended the auction. I fear they would not have been as generous." I cried out and almost fell to the ground but the man holding me pulled me into his arms. Without saying anything he pulled me into his chest as I sobbed into my hands. The man with the tattoos ran his hands over my back in an attempt to soothe me.

I could hear whispers beside me, but I couldn't make out the words.

"You belong to us now." Max said, gently taking my forearm in his hand. I pulled out of the mans chest and looked to him, shaking my head.
"I'm not a possession." I said through gritted teeth. "Just let me go. I'll get my father to refund you your money." I bargained, looking to Henry. He simply shook his head.
"Non refundable."
I stared at him, words unable to form and my train of thought completely derailed. The silence was uncomfortable.

"Where are you bleeding from and why?" The man that had covered my mouth said breaking the silence and moving into my vision more.

"She hit her head when she tried escaping." Ryan said moving forward away from the van. The men in front of me said nothing, it scared me. I could feel my heart thumping against my chest as I froze. The man who had asked me the question looked to Max who nodded slightly, the man then pulled out a gun and pointed it at Ryan.

I gasped, bringing some attention back to me.
"Matt, hold onto her." Max said. The man with the neck tattoo, stepped forward and bound my hands, spinning me so that my back was pressed up against his body. His hands held the bindings in front of me as we stared at Ryan.

"You delivered damaged goods to us?" Max asked, stepping forward and moving somewhat in a circle. My breathing caught in my throat.

"Please. I don't want to watch this. Please." I begged, pulling back as Max pulled a gun and placed the muzzle on Ryan's temple.
"Please. I don't want to see this." I begged again, this time looking to Henry.
Henry nodded at Matt, who turned me around and pulled me into his chest, then turning and waking us towards the car he had pulled me onto the bonnet of earlier. Henry followed and opened the back door of what I now knew to be a limo.

Matt gently bowed my head and pushed me into the back seat. I looked for an exit but there was only the one door. Soon he and Henry were also sitting into the limo. I moved away and sat as far as I could from them. They sat watching me. Not saying anything.

Suddenly a shot rang out and echoed through the trees. I screamed and covered my ears, crunching myself into a ball.

What the fuck is going on.?!