Chapter Eight.

im starting to run out of dramatic flashback lines.
INSERT FLASHBACK

    "I'll make sure to repay you back. How about I make dinner for the both of us?" Kazuha looked back at Tomo.
"Oh, a-are you sure?"
"There's no turning back, I'll make dinner tonight!"
"I didn't even say yes!"

"—And students, make sure to finish up your assigned essays. If you have any questions, feel free to email me."
"Yaaay, our last period finished." Tomo exclaimed.
"We still have our 3000 word essay to finish you know." Kazuha reminded.
"Don't bring that up please.. :( "

Back at the dormitory . .
"Hm, what should I make for dinner..?" Kazuha questioned in his head.
Tomo entered the kitchen to see Kazuha peering through the mini fridge and pantry.
"You know, you don't have to think hard for tonight's meal."
"Yeah, but I want to repay you in someway." Kazuha sighed.
"How about we make a meal together? It would be fun and I want to contribute to making dinner."
Kazuha paused for a moment.
"Making dinner with Tomo?"
. . . .
"I'm making dinner with Tomo!"
Kazuha nodded repeatedly as a yes to Tomo's question.
"You— you can join me!"
"You seem pretty excited, hm?"

"Maybe perhaps some ramen or udon? We can quickly get some ingredients near us." Tomo suggested.
"I'm don't think I have the appetite for that." Kazuha replied.
Tomo thought for a moment while he leaned against the kitchen counter. His finger snapped.
"Kazuha, I think I have a recipe in mind!"

"Ta-daahh! We're finished!" Tomo clapped.
Kazuha looked at the meal placed in front of him on the small dining table.
"I didn't think we would be this focused to cook dinner."
"But it was so much fun~ We should cook together more often."
"Are you often like this among other friends??" questioned Kazuha.
"Mm-, now that you ask, nope. I think you're the only one whose seen me like this so far, I guess."
Tomo and Kazuha sat down to eat, both of them facing in front of each other.
"It's teriyaki chicken; my mother has her own way on making it so she taught me her recipe as well. I really hope you enjoy today's meal~"
"Why are you talking like this to me again?" Kazuha said.
"I don't even know, but I'm gonna start eating."
Tomo started to consume down his dinner. As Tomo wolfs down his rice, Kazuha observes his meal. Teriyaki chicken with a side of rice and freshly boiled vegetables, miso soup and Kazuha's favourite, hand-made rice balls.
"Although I've eaten so many of your favourite rice balls, I really do enjoy them."
Kazuha smiles as an answer to Tomo's comment, a tint of blush appearing on the sides of Kazuha's cheeks.
"It's good you enjoy them," thanked Kazuha, "we have left-over rice from making the rice balls, should we have fried rice for the morning?"
"Sure, whatever you'll make, I'll eat with you."
"Beside family, he's the first to enjoy my meals, I'm grateful." happily thought Kazuha as he continued to consume his dinner.

July 8, Friday .
Drops of rain began to fall and hit the windows in the laboratory. Instead of gleaming sun rays, the weather appeared to be more dim and diluted than bright.
Prof. Katsuhito came in with his books and notes, writing some sort of date in chalk on the blackboard. He then stood in front of the class, ready to announce the month's schedule.
"Alright class, as you may know, mid-term exams are around the corner. You should get the dates for each of them from your professors. Otherwise, it's best that you study for them at the beginning of next week."
"Aw man, but my birthday is also when the science mid-term starts. How else will I celebrate my birthday??"
"Chill Tomo, After exam week, we have open campus for the whole month of August; summer break." Kazuha whispered.
Prof. Katsuhito turned around, glaring at the two friends.
"Kazuha and Tomoko. You can talk right after I'm finished my speech. Otherwise, pay attention."
Both Kazuha and Tomo looked back at the teacher, chiming together an apology.
"Sorry, sir"

Hallways during break . .
"Haven't you heard? We might have a new psychology teacher. A transfer teacher from another nation!"
"Really, during this month? That's sort of strange."
The same rumour had spread like wild fire around the hallways, filling with whispers and gasps.
"A new teacher? What happened to our current one?" wondered Tomo.
Kazuha also thought the same. What could've happened to the current psychology professor? However, this question didn't matter since students were not allowed to know about what the school plans for their professors and teachers, therefore, the current main question is: who is the transfer teacher for history and psychology?
"I think we will know who it is later on since we have psychology before lunch." Kazuha concluded, as both Tomo and Kazuha walked down to their designated rooms.
" 'K, Kazuha, I'll see you later."
Kazuha nodded as an answer as Kazuha and Tomo parted ways.
. . . .
Kazuha entered the his designated room. Most of the classmates whispered about the transfer teacher such as their interests and looks. Kazuha scanned the room, looking for Tomo to sit beside.
"Over here Kazuha!"
Kazuha recognized Tomo's waving hand from the middle among the other seats. Kazuha walked over towards Tomo. At the same time, the senate of the university walks in. As she is about to announce, all of the students in the room became dead silent.
"Class, this will be your newly, transferred professor for certain subjects from The College of Tianheng. He will be your educator for the rest of this year. Otherwise, please welcome our newly member to Narukami University."
As the senate left the room, another figure appear behind her and silently walking towards his desk. He picked up some chalk and swiftly wrote his name on the blackboard.
Mr. Zhongli .
"I am now your history and/or psychology educator, Mr. Zhongli. A pleasure to meet you all. As you have heard, I am a professor from the city, Liyue Harbor. For today, I will be going over the study notes your previous teacher left for me for your mid-terms. After the summer break, when I see you again, you will have to adapt to how I do lectures. Otherwise, you all may introduce yourselves. Any further questions, comments or concerns?"
A student firmly stood up. He made a warm welcoming expression as he spoke.
"Welcome to our university, Mr. Zhongli. We hope you enjoy teaching us for the time being."
It was brave Tomo who stood up to broadcast his welcoming message.
. . . .