Pour Some Sugar On Me

- setlist -
pour some sugar on me : def leppard
born to be wild : steppenwolf
who did that to you : john legend (the accidentals)

Sophie Woods was always meant to be on the stage.

This was a fact she had known since she was a little girl. It was obvious that she was meant to be a star from the moment she took her first breath, being doted on long before her sister even followed her into the land of the living three minutes later. From day one, Sophie had always known that she was destined for more than the small, if not quaint, town of Gavaldon and meant to be on Broadway playing Elphaba or Glinda in the production of Wicked

But for now, she had to consider playing the keys for her little sister as the first stepping stone on her lengthy journey to fame. For all she knew, this could be her breakthrough and she would be able to leave all of her hardship behind. She would be able to sing instead of attending classes, famous enough that her own father would be forced to leave her wretched step-mother to beg for her forgiveness. She would be a queen.

"What color should I go for? Pink or purple?" Beatrix asked, rushing into the girl's dressing room in only her undergarments and holding out two different outfits in the aforementioned colors. "I like the oomph of the pink, but the purple does amazing things for my hips." She continued, rotating the different dresses in front of her body as she looked around the small room behind the barely sizable stage at the venue they were playing. 

"Well, I'm already wearing pink, so you should definitely go for the purple." Sophie called out over her shoulder, sparing both outfits a quick look before continuing with her make-up. There was only five minutes left till they were supposed to be on the stage and she still had to do her hair along with her sister's if there was any hope of a decently put together rag-tag band. They may only be rising year 11's, but she would be damned if they looked like wannabe year 9's. 

"But the pink draws the most attention..." Reena interjected, looking up from where she was tuning the worn down electric bass that she was borrowing from the school. "Don't we want to be attention grabbing considering we are quite new and the more looks we get, the faster we will rise, the easier this assignment will be." She reasoned, looking at the red-haired guitarist before looking to Sophie. 

"Where's Agatha. Isn't this her show?" Beatrix sighed, rolling her eyes as she held both dresses out for closer inspection. "Who am I kidding. Agatha probably wouldn't even be able to tell the difference in the colors. She's probably going to show up in sweats and a flannel and call it fancy." She grumbled as she threw the pink dress on the moth-bitten couch before unhooking the purple ensemble from it's hanger and began to shimmy her way into the tight dress. 

"She's not going to be wearing sweats. Jeans is a strong maybe, but she won't be in sweats." Reena said as she strummed a cord that was more or less in tune before she began to strum the various cords for their upcoming sets. "Agatha may not be able to point out what is and isn't fashionable, but she still knows when sweats are and aren't permissible." She continued, nodding her head as if to say she was pleased with the way the bass was sounding. 

"At this point in time, I could care less if she does show up in sweats." Beatrix mumbled, adjusting the dress in the mirror as she glanced nervously at the clock. "I just want her to show up in the first place. This isn't my project and I'm going to be more than a little upset if it turns out I bought these ensembles for nothing." She turned to see what her back looked like, making a face as she adjusted the straps. 

"Are you sure it isn't because you know that you need two basses to drown out you and Teddy's horrid riffs?" Sophie tittered, smiling at the shocked faces that Reena and Beatrix had thrown her way, loving the now tense atmosphere of the room as she willed disagreement to follow in her stead. "Aggie might not be the best, but she knows her instrument better than anyone else in this band; besides me of course." She continued, throwing one of her curls over her shoulder and adjusting the way her chest sat in the rather revealing dress.