Flashback Chapter I

If there are any mistakes, don't blame me. It's 2 am rn

My phone is also on 3% hell

OH AND ALSO DON'T SAY ANYTHING ABT THE JIAO X YANYU THINGIES OKAY? I WAS BORED AND WANTED ROMANCE

maybe ill bring a keqing in here too idk (for yk yanyu x keke)

If you want me to make Jiao and Yanyu see each other as siblings/just friends, just let me know ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

⋘ 𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎... ⋙
█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒10%
████▒▒▒▒▒▒30%
█████▒▒▒▒▒50%
████████▒▒80%
██████████100%
𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠. . .
↷✦; w e l c o m e ❞
^ don't mind this I just wanted to try it out lmao

╞═════𖠁𐂃𖠁═════╡

"Yanyu?"
"Here!"
"Zhang?"
"Here...?"

Jiao stared at F/N as she called out their names. "Why do we do this? You can easily count and see if we're all here," Jiao commented, stopping F/N.

"Well~ dear best friend, Jiao, being the most annoying one in our friend group, you know I like doing things that'll annoy you guys! Anyway, Xixi?" Jiao continued to stare at the girl, Yanyu catching sight of it.

"Jiao? Jiao!" Jiao turned his head turned Yanyu as she swallowed her spit. "Are you okay? You've been glaring at F/N more than usual today..." Yanyu asked worriedly. "I'm fine," Jiao huffed. He leaned back and crosses his arms with his eyes closed. 'You're in a bad mood...' Yanyu wanted to say, but knowing Jiao, she decided not to.

"Jiao!! Are you here?" F/N teased, making the boy's blood boil. "You talked to me earlier, of course I'm here, you nitwit!" Jiao yelled, making F/N laugh. "Aw, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed! Do you need a huggy wuggy?" F/N teased again, making him blush in embarrassment.

"Shut it!" His face flushed red. F/N laughed again, standing in front of him.

"Come on, Jiao! Don't be so shy! It's nothing but a hug... Or... Are you scared of physical touching if you know what I mean?" F/N winked at Jiao, making him clench his fists. He stood up and walked away from her. "Aw, man... Did I go overboard? It's only been a few minutes ever since we got here...!" F/N tilted her head.

F/N looked at Yanyu who jumped at her sudden look. "Yanyu~ Aren't you and Jiao dating? How about you go and check up on your little BF?" Yanyu squealed and shook her head. "Jiao and I aren't dating!! We are only friends, and that's how it'll forever be!" Yanyu stood up quickly, rushing towards Jiao. F/N laughed and ran after her.

Zhang shook his head at F/N's foolishness, and continued to drink his tea. Xixi grabbed her cup full of Cocogoat milk, wondering why she was still friends with F/N.

ིྀ╞═════𖠁𐂃𖠁═════╡

F/N sat with the two teenagers. "Jiao, I didn't mean to anger you~!" She whined, snuggling closer to him. His face turned red and he crossed his arms. Yanyu watches the scene unfold, unable to help Jiao.

"You didn't anger me. I was just annoyed by the fact that Grandmother wanted me and Yanyu to leave tomorrow," Jiao said, making eye contact with F/N. "Tomorrow? Isn't that too soon? I thought you guys were supposed to leave next month?" F/N asked, dropping her annoying act.

"We were, but Grandmother made up her mind. She told me that we were leaving earlier because the other pair didn't return. I'm kind of worried... Ning and BeiBei didn't send any notes or anything back!" Yanyu said, clasping her hands together.

F/N frowned. "I'm sure they're fine. They're a strong duo. Maybe they just escaped. They had a plan about it, remember?" Yanyu frowned and nodded. "I can't help but worry... I'm sorry," F/N grabbed Yanyu's wrist, pulling her towards Jiao. "Hey... All of us are strong in our own way. We won't lose each other. Even if we do, we're still..." Jiao and Yanyu looked at each other then to F/N.

"For lifers," F/N smiled widely. "Now, now! Let's stop being so sulky and get back to Xixi and Zhang!" Jiao and Yanyu chuckled at F/N and ran after her.

╞═════𖠁𐂃𖠁═════╡

"Goodbye, Yanyu... Jiao... Xixi hopes you both... return safely..." Jiao and Yanyu nodded towards the younger girl. "Don't go disappearing off like the lesbian duo did. Sheesh, they really were desperate, huh?" F/N joked, making the duo crack a small smile.

"In all seriousness, friends," the duo looked at Zhang. "I sincerely hope you both a safe journey. We won't lose each other. Even if we do, we're still..."

"For lifers!!" F/N smiled. She made up the For Lifers promise within their small friend group.

"Yanyu, Jiao, let's go now," they waved towards their friends one last time, F/N having this deep feeling of never seeing them again.

▅▄▃▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▂▃▄▅

They're running.

He tightened his grip around her hand.

They're running as fast as they can.

'We're still... For Lifers!'

They've tripped two or more times.

Spider webs got into their faces, but they ignored it.

Even if they're gone forever...

They were so close. So close to leaving this hell hole.

...we'll still be For Lifers.

Jump. They had to.

Right?

He picked her up, running with her in his arms.

This story will end happily...

He jumped.

...no.

"Get up, Yanyu! We have to keep running!"

It won't, will it, F/N?

"Jiao...!"

And it'll be all your fault.

They hid behind a huge tree, the demons running straight.

But this is what you wanted, right?

▅▄▃▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▂▃▄▅

She stared out of the window. 'They haven't returned yet... Where are they?'

"F/N, it's time for dinner," Zhang stared worriedly at the girl.

"I'm not hungry."