Family

Athena Pov
It is time. Time for my Amara to finally know about the truth. Her truth. Im so sorry i kept this from u for so long my baby, come home quickly i love and miss u so much. There's so much we've missed together because of this stupid rule. Now that you're of age u can finally enter and if anyone stops you, they'll never see light again.
_________________________________________

Life with Maya and John, her parents, had always been a dream, every teenager would wish that their parents would be like hers and for that she loved them both endlessly. She remembers the moment she figured out she was adopted like it was yesterday. She was looking around in her parents room for something when she came across an odd looking unlocked book. She knew snooping was wrong but she couldn't help it , it was right there. Once opening it and finding out she was adopted she cried a river until her parents came home and reassured her that even though they weren't related by blood, it didn't matter to them and that she was their daughter, always would be, no matter what. She never felt more loved than when she was around her parents. They were affectionate and sweet and finding out she was the daughter of Athena made her question if they knew this already and kept it hidden from then. This arrived many questions in her. Was i left at their doorstep? Did they have a contracted agreement with the Athena?

Her head was spinning by the time she finally reached the front door of her house. Tired from running home she got the extra keys from under the house mat and unlocked the door.

Greeted at right at the door was her father  He seemed to be fixing the shoe rack. Her father loved to fix things. If there was anything to be fixed he was the man to call, it was his passion and he enjoyed doing it at any time of the day.

"Hey sweet pea! have fun at the library today?" He asked happily once he spotted her enter through the door. His expression changed once he saw the look on her face and  turned into worrying.

"Yea it was ok, mind coming to the kitchen ? i want to ask you and mom something. It's quite important." She replied carefully while
still walking towards the kitchen with millions of thoughts running through her head. She felt like she was going insane from all the new information processing in her head.

Once she got to the kitchen , she saw her mother and they talked whilst waiting for her dad to arrive so she could finally clear her head a bit. Once he did arrive she took a deep breath and contemplated how to ask without it being too startling.

While she was contemplating both her parents shared looks of worry.

"Honey, what's wrong?" Her mother asked carefully not knowing what to think by her daughters strange behavior. 

"Ok so, you know how i'm adopted,right?" She said dumbly trying to ease into
the conversation

"Uh, yes... You sure you don't need to lie down sweetheart you seem pale," Her father replied looking even more confused and worried than before.

Not knowing what else to do, she finally asked the most important questioning pondering in her head. "Did you know Athena was my mother?"