Chapter 3 - The Pain In His Eyes

Their match was said to start at noon break and will go on the whole afternoon. They were excused from their classes since they were just having orientations for their subjects. Kageyama was the first to arrive at the school gym since he ran the moment the school bell rang.

"You're already here?!" Hinata who arrived later stood by the door looking a little disappointed.

"Move your ass over here and try receiving the ball" Kageyama said without looking at the door,

Hinata ran towards Kageyama while pouting, still feeling gloomy since he arrived after his self-proclaimed rival. They practiced until the seniors has arrived one after the other.

"Rest a little boys. Your match will start in fifteen minutes. You don't want to feel tired by then, do you?" Sugawara said as he watch the two boys.

Kageyama and Hinata placed the ball down and heed Sugawara's advice.

Kageyama sat at the corner and absentmindedly stared at the clock. Moments later, the gym's door opened revealing a woman. She has black hair and blue eyes. At first glance, you will mistook here to be Kageyama because of the resemblance.

Seeing the woman enter, with his face turning bright red, Tanaka ran towards her with a wide smile plastered on his face. Kageyama just watched them and didn't bother to stand up and greet the female senior,

"She's a red" He only thought the moment he saw her.

Five minutes before the allotted time, the gym's door burst open revealing Daichi and the two other first years. Kageyama immediately frowned upon seeing Tsukishima and he abruptly stood up. Tsukishima who was bugged by the Ravenette the whole night, also frowned upon seeing the boy.

"Do your warm ups first, we'll start in ten minutes" Daichi instructed before letting them do their warm ups.

The boys did as told but Tsukishima's eyes were glued on Kageyama,

"Seriously? What's with that guy? Making me feel like this?" He thought, feeling the palpitation of his heart.

The match started with Kageyama doing his best to up the game. Flinching once in a while whenever he meets the blond's golden brown eyes.

"Those eyes are dangerous" he thought but discarded it right away.

He tossed the ball towards Hinata, but it was blocked

Again

And again

And again.

After their score advanced, Tsukishima stood before Hinata and Kageyama, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Maybe you should start getting serious" He said,

Kageyama didn't say anything and just stared at the blond. He clenched his fist trying to suppress the urge to punch the smirk out of Tsukishima's face.

"what's your problem? You haven't stopped getting in our faces since yesterday" Hinata asked making the blond's attention shift to him.

"The other guys at out school are intimidated by him, you know?" Hinata added.

Tsukishima laughed sarcastically and looked at Kageyama who's been quiet the whole time.

"I'm sure there are others who think that way. But he's the self-centered king, The oppressive dictator"

Kageyama flinched as his clenched tightened to the point of his knuckles getting white. He looked down as the vivid image of that memory flashed on his mind,