Chapter 18 Enamoured

In the early morning, as the sun was just beginning to bloom over the horizon, most of the inhabitants in the Hyun household were sound asleep with the exception of a charming young man.

You see, Jeong Eun – like his father – was an early riser, although what was truly surprising wasn't the fact that he was up, but rather, the fact that there was an apparent frown on his face.

Pacing the floors of the common room, one couldn't help but wonder what could possibly be stressing Hyun Jeong Eun so much that he couldn't enjoy the peace of the rising sun as he usually did.

Whatever it was, it would seem it wasn't a problem that the Hyun prince could solve himself this time, for the young master decided that he had to locate his mother after a few more minutes of frantic pacing.

He found her in the master bedroom, resting peacefully under the thick duvets. Suddenly, Jeong Eun froze, for he didn't have the heart to wake his mother even if he was troubled. However, before he could sneak out of the master bedroom, Ye Jin had called out to him, having been woken by the unexplainable feeling that one of their children needed help.

It was the "Mummy Senses" – as some would call it.

"Jeong Eun? Is that you?"

"Eomma..." Jeong Eun greeted her sheepishly.

"Is something wrong, monkey?" Ye Jin frowned whereas Jeong Eun continued to linger near the door as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Ani...I..."

"Come here, monkey." Ye Jin opened her arms to him.

Naturally, Jeong Eun found himself drawn to his mother's warm embrace as he snuggled up to her. Humming softly, Ye Jin kept Jeong Eun close to her as she rocked them ever so slightly, allowing Jeong Eun to calm himself and come to terms with what he was truly feeling.

And that very morning, their little man was feeling incredibly torn.

"Eomma." Jeong Eun spoke up after a while.

"I'm listening." Ye Jin hummed.

"Can I...May I give appa a call?"

"Of course, monkey. I'm sure your appa is awake already. You can call him now if you wish to." Ye Jin smiled reassuringly.

Relieved, Jeong Eun smiled as he accepted his mother's phone with both hands before he ran back down to the common room to call his father. After all, he wished to discuss a private matter with his father and didn't wish to be interrupted.

Thankfully, Hyun Bin answered after a few rings.

"Appa!" Jeong Eun greeted the big man with a big smile on his face.

"Jeong Eun-ah! You're up early as usual. To what do I owe the pleasure?" Hyun Bin jested.

To Hyun Bin's surprise, Jeong Eun frowned when he heard that. It was obvious to the father that their little man was very troubled indeed.

 It was obvious to the father that their little man was very troubled indeed