Chapter 19 Up and Down

"Jinnie, I'm sorry!" Hyun Bin apologised for the umpteenth time as he followed Ye Jin around the dining hall like the lost puppy that he felt.

"Jinnie, love? Please." The man pouted when Ye Jin showed no signs of entertaining his apologies.

It was a Sunday and it marked the last day that Hyun Bin would be spending with his family before he has to depart for another three weeks.

A lot has happened during the week.

Hyun Bin caught up with his children and his wife.

Ye Jin finally got to take a break.

And the children were all over their father that particular week.

The week passed by in a blur but if you were to ask any of them how they would describe the week, "up and down" would be the apt way to sum up their chaotic but meaningful week.

If cuddling before bedtime, and dancing around the common room together were considered the ups in their week together. Surely Hyun Bin's current "squabble" with Ye Jin could be justly classified as a down to their week?

But first, what on earth happened?

❀❀❀

It all started with a parcel, on a Monday, in the common room.

Now, the man might not look like it, but one of Hyun Bin's favourite pastimes, when he isn't working, is to do some online shopping.

Some of his favourite buys thus far include a pair of gardening gloves and an electric shaver.

Hence, it wasn't surprising that the first thing that the man sought to do on his first day of work break was to catch up on some online shopping. After all, it was the only way he could ensure that he would receive everything before he leaves for Singapore again.

Curled up on the couch with his iPad in one hand and a cup of pomegranate tea in the other, the man began his online explorations.

It was through this exploration that the man discovered a candy store based in Japan that could deliver straight to their door. Excited by his discovery, it delighted Hyun Bin greatly when he saw some rare Chupa Chups flavours in its inventory, along with many other well-loved candy and snacks alike.

Before he knew it, Hyun Bin had filled up one whole cart worth of candy, only to be perplexed by the most common conundrum faced by numerous online shoppers.

Free shipping.

To buy or not to buy, that's the question.

To attain free shipping, one would have to buy more than what one required. But to miss such an opportunity would mean to pay a colossal price for fewer items which you desire.

It was a true conundrum for Hyun Bin indeed. What more when he was this close to free shipping.

Thankfully, the answer to his dilemma came in the form of his precious daughter, Eun Ae, who had just returned home with her brother.

"Appa!" Their little one ran to him the minute she had crossed through the door.

"Princess! How was school?" Hyun Bin placed his iPad down just as Eun Ae jumped into his arms.

Bellowing laughter filled the room instantly as Hyun Bin naturally started rocking Eun Ae as she nuzzled her face close to his chest. Soon, pure light giggles joined the baritone laughter as father and child basked in their love for each other.

"Appa, I became the class representative today! I'm in charge of attendance from tomorrow onwards!" Eun Ae exclaimed happily.

"Aigoo, my princess has inherited her appa's charm after all. You make me proud every day, Eun Ae-ah." Hyun Bin praised.