Episode 1: Prophecy

The Pridelands were nothing more than a desolate wasteland. Plants were dying, there was no water, and now, fire was taking hold of the entire kingdom. It wasn't always like this, however if there was anyone to blame it was the king.

Dozens of animals charged towards the King, who stood tall over his opponents. He had a darkish-red mane, and a tan fur pelt. His body was covered in scars, and a blank yet sinister expression was on his face.

The clouds began to move behind him as he closed his eyes and concentrated. His opponents saw this as an opening. How wrong they were. The king was quick to open his eyes and unleashed a powerful roar, making the ground crumble beneath them, taking them all out.

While using the Roar for evil is forbidden, as it would be taken away if used for that purpose. The king was careful regarding his intentions. That being technically a means of self defense. Although he gets to keep his power on a technicality, he still could fight with his own bare claws.

He turned around and faced his younger opponents. One teenage lion leapt at him, attempting to bite down at his neck. Big mistake.

The King was quick to react, he quickly raised his paw and unsheathed his claws, before striking down and cutting the lion's throat. The teenage lion was quick to fall to the ground, bleeding to death.

The rest of the animals that opposed the king attempted to gang up on him, however they were ultimately met with an unfortunate end. Cut through the heart. Getting ripped apart, or outright decapitated. The king couldn't be stopped.

In the mits of all the chaos, stood four other adult lions. The four were all injured from the battle, beaten and bruised. They could only stand to watch as everyone around them was getting massacred.

Once he was finished, the king shifted his attention to the four lions that stood hin his way. "You had your chance!" He coldly said as he approached them, once again with the clouds moving and rumbling behind him.

"Khari please!" One of the lions begged.

"You said you were my friends. And now you will all pay!" The king angrily spat.

He closed his eyes as he unleashed the roar upon the four, killing them all.

"NO!" Shouted a teenage lion, as he jerked his head up and opened his eyes. His mane was dirty-blonde, and had a light colored pelt. He looked around the den, and was relieved that he didn't wake anyone up. He then looked to the entrance of the den, and saw that the sun was barely beginning to rise. The lion stood up and began to walk out.

He sprinted to the watering hole, as he was eager to take a drink of water. Once he arrived, he lowered his head down and calmly began drinking, before stopping to sit down and think to himself. "Bad dream Radhi?"

Radhi turned his head to see three other lions approach him. The more muscular lion with a brown pelt and dark mane was Hasani, the taller one with the darker mane, but almost white pelt was Zubery, and the shortest one with the light pelt and light mane was Sadiki. "I assume you guys had the same dream as I did."

"More like a nightmare." Zubery remarked.

" Besides, at this point it would be weird if we didn't." Hasani said.

"Figured."

"Isn't it concerning that the dreams haven't gotten any better". Sadiki questioned.

"Well, all we can do at this point is make sure we lead him down the right path."

"Speaking of which-" Hasani continued.

"HEY GUYS!" Shouted a teenage lion, as he ran up to the group with a smile on his face. The Lion had a red mane and golden pelt, much like his father and brother.

"Hey Khari!" Radhi greeted.

"You guys are up early! What's up with that?"

Zubery shrugged his shoulders. "I guess we're just less lazier than you!" He quipped.

Khari chuckled. "Alright, well, let's begin patrolling!"

"HEY!" Shouted a male cheetah, as he ran into a dark den, with the only source of light being from the ceiling.

"What is it?" Asked a lioness that sat in the middle of the room. She was the leader of a group of animals, whom much like Radhi and his friends, suffered the same nightmares of a tyrannical king.

"We have found him! The demon from the dreams!"

The lioness turned her head towards her servant. "Really! Where?"

"He's in the Pridelands. He hasn't done anything yet! But we should probably not hesitate."

"Alright then, send out a team. But be careful, we are few in numbers and we cant bear any losses."

"Understood."

The five have been operating as the Lion Guard for around 3 months. Khari was rather enthusiastic to become the leader ever since the previous group had left to forge their own path. But he was just happy to contribute to the pride while hanging out with his friends.

As for the rest of the group, it was surreal with how happy and enthusiastic he was, especially considering the nightmares they had about him. In fact, aside from Radhi, the others haven't really talked to Khari at all. And under normal circumstances, they wouldn't even be friends. In fact Hasani picked on him constantly when they were younger. Although Khari was quick to move on once they offered to join the guard.

Zubery and Sadiki were neutral with Khari before this all had started. They had their own friend groups and just didn't think much of the prince prior to the nightmares. As for Radhi, he was Khari's only friend growing up if you don't count his older brother. Socially he was less awkward, in fact quite the opposite. Since he was gifted with increased intelligence, he has developed an ego over the years. Albeit he has been trying to work on humbling himself more recently.

As for their day-to-day work as the Lion Guard, the five have been mostly just focused on maintaining order within all the residents of the Pridelands. While some may long for the excitement of battle, the group was somewhat happy as they thought not involving Khari in high-stress situations would decrease their chances of him turning against him.

Although they might have Jinxed it.

Sadiki was quick to notice a group of animals entering the Pridelands, predators at that. Given how the Pridelands has had an unlucky history of predators wanting to enter for their own selfish purposes, it was safe to say that the group reacting wasn't without cause.

The group ran over to the group of animals, and stopped advancing once they were within talking distance. "Um, hi!" Khari started talking in a friendly manner. "Can we help you?"

"Um yes we were just passing through, we were just visiting for some safety precautions!" One of the Lions leading the group said.

"What Safety precautions?"

"YOU'RE DEATH! KILL HIM!"

So yeah, another Lion guard story set before Return of the Roar. Well I cant get this idea out of my head, so here we are now. But hey it should be fun.

And just to clarify, this is set in the same universe as "Divided and United", Legacy of the Night Pride", and "Savannah Guardians VS Phantom Defenders" so some of the stuff in this story will become relevant later on.

But yeah I am going to experiment with a few things in this story, whether it be plot based, or involving relationships between characters. So stick around.