Chapter 3 - To The Southwest

Northeast Qua-Toyne

August 3, Central Calendar Year 1638

A starry and relatively peaceful night hang over the world as the ocean breeze brushed through the sails of the ships that belonged to the Northeastern Expeditionary Fleet of the Royal Qua-Toynian Navy. If one from Earth were to look at it, one would recognize them as ships that resembled Carracks that were in use during the 14th and 15th Centuries.

On the captain's cabin of this fleet's flagship, The Emissary, is Captain Midori, appointed as the fleet's commander, and several of his officers and the captains of other ships. The cabin was brightly lighted by glowstones mined in the towering mountains of the Central Rodenian Mountain Range as a map of the Rodenius continent was spread on a large table with a compass on the side. They were all plotting their course, making sure that they were following the pinpointed direction to where the flying objects that intruded Maihark came from.

"If we continue our course, we will be reaching the unforgiving seas off Northeast Rodenius in 3 days." He spoke as he looked at the map. The captains and officers listened to him intently.

It had only been 3 days since they departed from Maihark. They were supposed to sail 5 days ago but unfavorable weather delayed them for 2 days. While the trails of the flying objects had been long gone at that point in time, navigators and witness accounts were able to trace its origins in which the fleet is currently following.

"As for supplies, we have enough to last us for 10 months so that will not be a problem." He continued.

"What if we find nothing?" One of the captains asked. Everyone in the room looked at Midori, heavily expecting an answer. In fact, none of them didn't even know exactly what to look for and were only sent here to "locate the origins of the flying objects" with the fleet being hastily assembled after the incident.

The ship continued to rock as the waves hit its wooden hull. He then answered, "If we indeed find nothing, then we will turn back and head to the port of Hirech in Northeastern Qua-Toyne."

After discussing more about their plans for their journey, the captains returned to their respective ships through the wooden boats that were moored with the ship.

Captain Midori stood at the helm, enjoying the ocean wind brushing past his cheeks. He looked up to the skies and admired the view of the twinkling stars. So far, there have been no problems since they departed from Maihark and he prays that there wouldn't be. His mind then drifted to the flying objects that intruded Maihark. He was present during that day, witnessing how those objects easily bypassed the defenses of the city and the wyverns of the 6th Wyvern Squadron as the roars they emitted was enough to shatter one's eardrums. His blood run cold at the thought of what those objects were capable of. Should they be hostile, nothing in the Principality's arsenal could ever hope to stop them. There have been also tales from the ancient texts that an oppressive and despotic empire once ruled the entirety of the world and is said to have possessed "iron birds capable of surpassing the speed of sound" which was very similar to what he has seen at Maihark.

He hopes that he will be wrong but the unsettling feeling still remained.

"What have the Gods done now?"

============

August 6

Manila, Republic of the Philippines

5:30 A.M.

As the sun continued its ascent from the East, a convoy of black, sleek cars was driving through one of the roads that led to the Port of Manila escorted by several police cars. All of them were marked with "For Official Use Only", along with the Latin Alphabets "DFA", signifying that it belonged to the government and to one of its executive departments. The convoy was transporting diplomats and linguists the DFA have tasked with initiating contact with the civilizations in the discovered landmass to the southwest. Due to the strict curfews and rationing that was implemented, the road was empty, devoid of any traffic.