Chapter 5: Titan Shifter

Everything went well according to Erwin's plan. They have won custody of the titan kid. The government gave them an old castle to supervise the titan experiments on. It's located at an isolated part of Wall Rose.

Travelling to HQ will be such a drag, thought Levi. He and his team will move in there tomorrow. Hange will probably go there everyday too, knowing what a geek she is. That stinky four eyes must have been so happy these days. He got off the carriage and headed to the entrance of Survery Corps HQ.

Only a few officers and cadets are in the lobby. Are they slacking off already? He went upstairs to go to Erwin's office. The hallway is packed with excited soldiers, mostly men. Most of them are outside Erwin's office. What are they doing here? He asked one of the soldiers, "What's the commotion about?"

"We're here to see Erwin's sister, sir!" the soldier replied, with excitement on his face.

"Huh? Don't you have work to do? Get back to work, you slackers!" Levi said, irritated.

The silly soldiers cleared the hallway and headed downstairs. But Levi knows they are still waiting on the stairs.

He knocked at the door. "It's me, Levi."

"Come in, Levi." Erwin replied.

Erwin's sister was talking when he entered, ".....and I already have friends there. I don't want to transfer, brother please!" she pleaded. Levi decided to stand by the window, a few paces from Erwin, who is sitting opposite his sister. He looked at the young woman, already recovered from her injuries. Yes, she's quite beautiful, Levi thought.

"You said you wanted to help me, right? Then transfer to Research and Development Department. I need your help this time, Beverly." Erwin said to his sister.

You really have such a way with words, Erwin. Levi knew the reason Erwin wanted to transfer his sister there was because the Research and Development facility is located in Stohess district, inside Wall Sheena. He doesn't want to risk his sister staying unguarded in Wall Rose anymore. Wall Sheena, the safest place anyone can be, he thought to himself.

"I know you want me to transfer there because it's inside Wall Sheena. I'm sorry to worry you these past couple of days, brother. Okay, I'll do everything I can to help you. I'll transfer there as you wish. I heard you guys manage to capture some titans, is that what you wanted me to report to you?" she said.

Haha! She saw right through your motive, Erwin! They really are siblings after all, thought Levi.

"It's good that you're as sharp as before. It seems you have already recovered well from your injury. Yes, you saw right through me. That is exactly my plan. Nifa will escort you there tonight. By the way, this is Captain Levi, you have met him before right" asked Erwin.

"Yes, I met him and Hange at the hospital when you asked him to deliver Mrs. Darley's packed food to me. It's nice to see you again, Levi." she said.

"Yeah.." Levi said. Though I already saw you again a few days ago, when you were in a coma.

She turned towards Erwin again, "Where were you that time anyway?"

"I went to talk to Gordon's father to set up dinner for you two. Yes, that Gordon, the one who you stood up four times already!" Erwin said accusingly.

He just doesn't give up, does he? Four times? Hahaha! Levi smirked a little.

"I don't like where this conversation is going. I'll head back to the dormitory to pack my things. Here's the tea I made for you. Drink it at night, it will help you go to sleep." Beverly said as she stood up. Erwin hugged her goodbye. "Bye brother, be safe." She said turning to Levi, "Bye Levi, see you next time."