Chapter 2

Y/n: your name
Y/n/n: your nickname
E/c: eye color
H/c: hair color
F/c: favorite color
F/h: favorite hobby
F/f: favorite food
_____________________

"Please tell me I'm not back at HYDRA," Y/n thought as she kept her eyes closed trying to listen to the muffled voices. There were a few mens voices and a women's voice. The women's she knew oh so well. It was Natasha. Y/n kept her eyes closed as all the memories of when she got to the tower came flooding back.

She opened her eyes a crack to see Tony Stark, her sister and some guy in a lab coat. He was farther than the other two so he was harder to make out. He had short, curly hair from what she could see and was wearing glasses until he took them off and carefully tossed them on a nearby metal table. He picked up a clip board and flipped through the papers. He rubbed his eye brows and walked toward the other two. He whispered something to them, as if someone might be listening. Someone was. Y/n was listening to them to eavesdrop.

Needless to say, not much was heard because not all the drugs in her system had worn off yet. She fell back into a deep sleep minutes later.

_________________________________

When she woke again, a pair of cold hands were on her side. The cold wasn't unbearable, but it was too cold. To her opposite side, a machine was beeping over...and over...and over again. It was awfully annoying.

"Good morning darling," some one said. They had an accent that sounded truly like music to Y/n's ears. It was beautiful. It was also a man. She thought he was talking to someone else so she kept her eyes closed as if you eavesdrop once more, but that didn't go according to plan. "You can open your eyes now. I know your awake. And no, there is no one else in the room. It was you who I called darling," the voice implied.

It was weird.

It's like he read her mind.

For all she knows, he could have.

He wouldn't be an Avenger for nothing.

In compliance, Y/n's eyes fluttered open and she came face to face with the same raven haired  man she made eye contact with on the stairs. Their eyes explored the others for a moment until the both of them broke it. Luckily the room wasn't as bright as it was when she first woke up, so it was hiding the small flush of red worsening on their faces. He smiled at her after they both cooled and moved so she could properly look at her surroundings.

She was in a lab. A. Damn. Lab! One of the worst places she has ever experienced being in. Her eyes widened and the man seemed to notice that. He got up and Y/n jumped. He put both of his hands out to show that he would not harm her, "Hey. Hey, it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you. It's alright darling just calm down." He sounded concerned, and hopeful that she would believe his words.

After a bit of self calming and reassuring, Y/n calmed down enough to where she could speak to him. "Where am I? And what were you doing before I woke up," Y/n asked cautiously. Choosing her words carefully, not completely trusting the words of the man in front of her.

"You're in Tony and Bruce's lab, Y/n/n. Don't worry soul sister. Your finally safe," a voice said from the frame of the door. It was a voice that Y/n knew she could trust any day. It was Natasha. With tears in both their eyes, and smiles on their faces, Y/n tried to get up and walk towards Nat. That also, didn't go as planned. Much like many other things today. She fell, but before she hit the ground a strong pair of arms caught her, as if she weighed the same as the air in the room.

Eyes clenched shut, and slowly opening. Once again, the same emerald green eyes met her e/c ones. They both smiled sheepishly and turned away, slightly blushing. Again.