Welcome to the Theater

Starting off with Jujutsu Kaisen ep. 7 (Assault) - the Gojo vs Jogo thing and ends with ep. 2 (For Myself) Gojo vs Ryomen Sukuna.

This wasn't Alfheim online.

The thought hit Kazuto Kirigaya, aka Kirito, as he logged into his Amusphere in an attempt to spend time with his friends. There was a scheduled meetup today, created for two things: having a picnic, and introducing them all to Alice Synthesis Thirty's new form.

Unfortunately, it didn't seem like Kazuto would be there for either, given the fact that he was in a theater-style room rather than an open world expanse designed to give a sense of freedom. The dark walls layered with red and blue neon lights were a far contrast from the green world he knew, the world he created with the help of Kayaba.

Trying to figure out what was going on, Kazuto looked around the room in order to better grasp his surroundings. Nothing seemed too out of the ordinary, everything basically the same as a normal theater, with the exception of the snack stands in the back.

The first thing he tried was the menu, and much to his surprise, it worked. The player menu for the game was working. Immediately going to the log out option, Kazuto's elation turned to despair when he saw the button was locked behind a password.

"Relax, this isn't a death game," a voice called out from behind him, shocking him out of the panic he felt at being trapped in another VR game. "It's just a social experiment I designed and wanted to conduct because I could, disregarding ethical and moral ideas on the issue."

"I'm sorry what?" Kazuto asked, turning to face the new arrival. He was about Kazuto's age, slightly taller with neatly parted black hair. Contrary to Kazuto's black garb, this figure was dressed in white, and he looked really good in it, much like a model might.

"Eh, I just want you to watch stuff and discuss what you think," the figure admitted, shrugging slightly. "My name's John Smith," he said, holding out a hand to shake. Kazuto took casual notice of the gloved hand, but shook it all the same. It felt weird, as if there was something other than a hand under the glove. "Nice to meet you, Kazuto Kirigaya."

"Nice to meet you too, Mr. Smith," Kazuto said. John smiled.

"Anyway, I'll leave it to you to break the news to your friends," John said, before vanishing into a thin light. As he did so, nine pillars of light erupted before disappearing, leaving nine people standing where they once were.

"Uhh, where are we?" Agil asked, looking around in confusion.

"Kirito!" Asuna called, running to him. "What's going on?"

"We were dragged here to watch and discuss random stuff by a higher power," Kazuto said, causing everyone to look at him incredulously. "Oh look it's starting," he deflected, the theater screen lighting up as everyone decided to accept their fate and watch the movie. Sinon was farthest on the left, Silica to her right, followed by Liz and Leafa. Yui sat between Asuna and Kirito, who was next to Klein, finishing with Agil on the right. Three more flashes of light were seen, and people that shouldn't have been able to be there now were. Ronye, Tiese, and Alice were all equally surprised by their new location, but they walked to the three beanbag chairs and each took one, sitting in front of the two couches in the middle. Alice was closest to Kirito, while Ronye was directly in the middle and Tiese was the last one on the girl's side.

"You all look like you know what's going on," Lizbeth stated, pointing to the three. "Why?"

"We were briefed by a man named John Smith when we came here," Alice responded, her voice matter of fact. "Were you not?"