Prologue: Lament of the Once-Dragon King

A cold breeze accompanied another morning in the isles. But the reddish hue which would usually accompany the sunrise was blocked by heavy clouds of smoke and thunder clouds.

Camelot's white walls were scorched black from siege as within the great city and to its inner keep, Uther Pendragon, King of Britain, held his crown softly.

The room shook every so often as outside, war continued. Dust and debris covered the throne room as Uther's silver and white crown slowly fell from his fingers. It clanked upon the floor, cracking upon impact.

Small shards of glass and other minerals of the crown lay across the damaged marble floor of the inner throne room.

Uther wiped the blood covering his face as his he then swept his other hand through his dark brown hair which was slowly graying at the sides.

His soft green/emerald eyes scanning to the shattered stained glass windows which lay behind the throne revealing the burning Camelot.

A once great city engulfed in a brutal war for succession.

The Dragon King walked past his throne and stared at his land. All of it belonged to him. His left hand resting softly upon the pommel of his blade which was sheathed.

Cries of the city's people fell upon the wind as the soldiers of Camelot fought against the hordes of invaders attempting to storm into the capital.

Bodies of citizens lay within the streets either covered in their blood, ash, or mud.

"Uther!" A feminine voice came from behind as the shuffling of armor could be heard as a figure approached him quickly.

Uther turned to see one of his most trusted knights and personal advisor, Venari, a brilliant woman who's armor was scratched and beaten. Her blade thick with the enemy's blood, the enemy s blood seeping off and staining the white marble below.

"You know what must be done, put an end to this madness." Venari's stern yet concerned tone soon returning as she caught her breath.

As if Venari's words were not enough, a roar echoed as a large dragon swooped through destroying a portion of Camelot's wall.

Uther grimaced at the sight, he knew that dammed beast, a particular deadly man and a traitor to Pendragon House, his brother, Vortigern.

"Sir Venari... make sure the mage makes out with my daughter." Uther spoke as his voice was soft yet authoritative.

Venari's eyes drifted for a moment, there was more she wished to say but then she straightened her posture, "As you wish My Liege... may you walk in the ever distant place." She said her final goodbyes as she soon walked off.

Uther turned to watch one of his most trusted knights exit the throne for the final time, his hand was slightly outstretched to grab Venari but he let her go, his eyes watching his advisor take her final steps away as the castle shook once more.

Venari was gone as fast as she arrived.

Chaos spread and spread throughout the many denizens and soldiers alike. Orders were issued sometimes followed and sometimes not.

The red sun broke through occasionally illuminating the city better as racing out on a white horse from the main keep was Uther.

He rode past all the destruction and chaos. No soldier stood in his way as his path was clear like Fate had ordained it.

Uther yanked the reigns of his white steed here and there, expertly evading all of the falling debris of buildings, corpses, soldiers and other hazards.

He soon reached the outer walls of Camelot and stopped upon seeing the dragon crash through the main gate staring him down.

A single King against the bloodthirsty Vortigern.

Uther dismounted from his steed as he softly pat upon the side of the horse, "Go Dun, find her. I release you of my service."

The white steed looked Uther's way for a few more moments as it softly trotted off before galloping away as its speed was unmatched.

Vortigern smirked in dragon form, the right eye had a scar going over it as it was given by Uther a long time ago.

The flags of Vortigern's banner wavering in the cold breeze behind the dragon as the invading army made its march to enter the city but would not enter till Vortgern commanded.

Uther slowly drew his silver sword, Caliburn as it burned blue with faint magical energy of the Fey.

The enemy hit their swords against their shields, and the spearmen hit the end of their spears against rocks creating a drum like rumble that had a pattern to it. They were instilling fear into whom heard the display of power but not to the Dragon King.

Vortigern raised his head looking back to his army, the soldiers ceasing the rallying chant before returning his gaze to Uther.

"Brother... so you choose to met your end alone, how pitiful."

The dragon's voice was low and deep, echoing out through the city but Uther could register the softest hint of a feminine tone behind it. His eyes twitching remembering something funny even as he stood in the face of his death.

"I may not kill you today ... but let it be known sister, you will die by my blade or the next."