Chapter 1: A Cold Morning

Many Years Later

There was a constant downpour the previous nights, but that was the typical weather of Britannia. This usually caused some flooding in a few parts of Camelot where the irrigation systems were the weakest---mostly the lower districts of the capital but there was not much that could be done past letting the city's water drainage system naturally deal with it.

Even with the dreary weather, some of the city's citizens were out and about yet others chose to be in their homes for the day.

For one Knight of the Round Table, his day was just starting.

Within the inner district, lay the central keep. And within the keep, was the housing of all the King's servants.

On the third level, on the western side lay the rooms of the Knights of the Round Table.

Within one of the rooms was the chambers of the newest Knight of the Round Table, despite him joining only half a year before.

The Knight was a young (s/c) male, not older than his mid twenty years -- maybe his early adult years. Even such a young man could obtain a position within the Table through pure skill alone and actions in the army. How he got such position was possibly up to some debate upon his skills or sheer decision making in battles that seem would deem suicide. But it was possibly due to his because strong sense of courage or his great developing tactical mindset that Sir Agravian, the King's advisor took note of.

Morning sun softly pierced through windows of the room, and peaked through where the blinds did not cover.

A groan escaping the Knight's lips as he arose, his chest aching from a training injury the day prior. The Knight's name was (F/n) or Sir (F/n) of the Round Table in full but such a formality was hardly ever spoken.

(F/n)'s reflection revealing in a dirty and small mirror on his desk. The young man examined his face to make sure he didn't look as bad as he felt. He looked healthy enough despite feeling pained physically.

It took the knight a few more moments to get out of the bed but he slowly came too. Before the day could move, the knight had to clean up.

Sun still rose as (F/n) was finishing up his morning routine session.

A knock broke the silence.

This would surprise the knight as he did not expect to be meting anyone so early in the morning, there was not a single meeting.

(F/n) quickly went to door barely getting anytime to finish putting on some clothes.

Another knock came, "I'll be there in a second." He called out putting on some boots.

Upon opening the door shortly, he was met with the appearance of a familiar knight to almost everyone in Camelot, Sir Bedivere, the first Knight of King Arthur's court.

Bedivere's light blonde hair was the first notable sight and his soft green eyes which held years of experience behind them. "Good morning (F/n), I hope I didn't wake you." His tone always coming off politely.

(F/n) sighs before replying, "No... I just wasn't expecting any company on Sunday morning." He opened the door for his comrade and went to sit down.

Bedivere entered while shutting the door softly.

"I'm glad I hadn't woken you up, but its good to see you moving around, yesterday was a little... unexpected." Bedievere chuckled lightly hoping it did not displease his friend, "Gawain was profusely apologizing to your unconscious form."

(F/n) groans softly trying to forget it, if Sir Gawain hadn't been messing around and accidentally bumped into the King's steed, then the damn horse wouldn't have swung its leg back.

Bedivere tilts his head softly as he hoped his friend was not injured worse than he appeared.

"I'm fine... the mage told me I broke two ribs when I woke up last night." (F/n) continues to rub his chest as even with that damn man's magic, the pain still remained occasionally.

"Well in any case, you could always pass by Merlin's chamber and get another check up."

(F/n) rolls his eyes as Merlin would probably do something else besides a simple check up.

Bedivere stares at the window as he leans against the frame of it. His soft green eyes peering across the white splendor of Camelot and its ever flowing streets despite the dreary weather.

He then turned his attention to (F/n), "Our King wishes to investigate the reports you sent over."

(F/n)'s soft smile turned to a mundane stare as he hums softly, "I see."

"Is it true?" Bedivere asked in a serious tone.

"...yeah. A few garrisons up north confirmed it, and other reports I received from the army captains supported my theory."

"Invaders... this isn't good."

(F/n) nods, he glanced over to his armor rack and to his sword, it was still just a simple blade for now as he had yet to receive his weapon from the King. "You think we'd be ready."

Bedivere rubbed his chin, pondering the question before answering, "Truthfully, I don't know. The last time Britannia was invaded, Uther Pendragon made his stand against the Usurper bringing about the Usurper's War to a close, luckily, Uther killed the invaders before meeting his end."

"You think the invaders could be remnants?"

"No, before Britain under gone the succession war, the Lords of the Land made sure to squeeze out the Usurpers forces before they all were at each others throats on whom would take Uther's place and the rest of is history"

"I see."

"Anyways, the King wishes for us to head on a mission with Lancelot and Mordred."

"Where to?"

"Not sure yet, but the King said to keep it amongst ourselves."

"Well, if that doesn't sound suspicious at all." (F/n) stood up while stretching slowly not trying to hurt himself.

Bedivere straightens up as he makes his way to the door, "I'll inform the others, we will leave in the next few hours, I do believe this will be a off-the-reports type of adventure."

"That's reassuring." (F/n) joked earning some giggles from Bedivere.

Bedivere bid his leave momentary as he could faintly seen down the hall. The man entered Lancelot's room immediately after knocking as a small shrieks of a woman filled the air.

(F/n) looked out to see someone come out of Lancelot's room, 'another one' (F/n) thought for a moment.

A woman barely dressed showing much skin raced out as she dropped coat completely dismissing it.

Bedivere waved at her to come back, "M-miss you forget..." But Bedivere's voice falling on deaf ears. His attention immediately turned to the main assailant.

(F/n) sighed for awhile as Bedivere berated Lancelot for bringing another woman into the castle just so he could sleep with them.

It was going to be a morning.