Chapter 30

“I will make you the most powerful emperor to ever exist by protecting you as the Master of Shinsu.”

She caressed Nabel’s face with her hands.

“But I need you to promise that you will never leave my side again.”

It was okay to be greedy.

And yearn for the things they wanted, as much as they wanted, no matter what it was.

But they had to stay next to each other forever.

That is what Nabel wanted the most, even more than Ronée.

“I promise.”

Nabel closed his eyes, his lips brushing against her forehead briefly before going lower.

He couldn’t bear to touch Ronée with his bloodstained hands. Instead, he tilted his body and pressed his lips against her eyes once more. Her tears wet his lips and then trailed down her cheeks.

Nabel slowly went lower as she leaned on the headboard.

“Ah…”

He did not dare to touch Ronee.

Sweeping away the tears with a careful kiss, he moved down to her neck.

His love bites, which had almost faded, were placed on her once again.

Thump.

Ronée’s hand lightly hit the bed. With a small laugh, Nabel looked at her hand.

His hands were still confined in his white gloves.

Ronee saw his hand move to hold hers several times.

So, she reached out and grabbed his hand.

“…!”

Momentarily surprised, Nabel flinched, but did not dare to reject her.

Ronée smiled, feeling his warmth through the white gloves.

“Hold my hand, Nabel.”

The smell on Nabel lingered in the air around them.

“It smells like blood, sister.”

‘And it’s coming from me.’ He smiled sadly.

Ronée shook her head.

Only then did she realize why the smell hung thick in the air, making her choke.

“It doesn’t matter,” Ronee lightly whispered. “I still want you to hold my hand.”

“It’s not like you enjoy the smell of blood either.”

‘As you stood in front of the door to the conference hall, I could see you were hurt, too.’

“…”

With his head hung low, Nabel took off the gloves. His hand was hesitant at first, but slowly moved toward Ronée.

She grabbed his hand, placing it on her cheek before finally closing her eyes.

Then her thoughts flowed into Nabel.

[I like being like this.]

How could somebody be this pure?

The moment Nabel touched her; his mind was cleansed.

Unlike other impure people.

Kiss.

Ronée smiled as Nabel raised her hand and briefly kissed her fingertips.

The white gloves only served as a wall between them.